Super.Fi love remains... but do you prefer it still?
Mar 5, 2013 at 2:49 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

chickentender

Head-Fier
Hey all... Well, I've lurked here for, well, years actually very off and on. Just got a ridiculously great deal on a pair of barely used triple.fis and have to pose a question here. I've listened to a few other higher end sets of IEMs but was always ridiculously happy with my Super.fi 5 Pros from years ago. They're actually the rebranded M-Audio "IE-30" model but same same. At any rate I've been listening to this pair of Triple.fi 10s I picked up.... left them overnight and day for a good 18hrs burning in just because the previous owner gave them hardly any use. I really do like them... but with all the A/Bing I've done in the past 48 hours a huge part of me still prefers the signature of the Super.Fi Pros. Crazy? I don't know... I see the appeal of the Triples... love the very lows - they are tighter and more refined, and the highs are ridiculously crisp..... but overall, I don't know, I might, for everyday use, prefer the Super's flat, non-discriminating freq range treatment. They also (super.fi5pro) seem to have a stronger in-ear "punch" that i think the the more present mid-bass helps deliver.

Just curious if there are any past/present owner of both sets that can comment on these thoughts.

I really wish I could marry the two sound signatures together somehow so that my ears could finally die peacefully having experienced all they needed to in the aural life.

Cheers... Enjoyed this spot for a good long while.

-CT

Mar 5, 2013 at 11:33 AM Post #2 of 3
The Previous gen SF series IEMs had more punch because they used pure copper cable and if  you switch the cables, you may notice some changes on TF10Pro but overall SF5Pro are great sounding IEMs.

Mar 5, 2013 at 1:54 PM Post #3 of 3
Agreed (obviously) I'd planned to try and sell the SuperFis after getting the Triples, but I think I may keep them around... There are certain applications/genres that so far I just prefer the signature of the Supers for... Maybe just getting used to the Triples will bring me around. They both show off portions of songs, elements that go unnoticed with lesser IEMs, but in different ways it seems.

Has anyone else found much difference using the SFPro5 cable on the TF10s? I've seen a lot of talk about various replacements (ES cable, customs etc) but nothing about that specifically.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back