SUPER.FI 5 PRO
Oct 14, 2010 at 11:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

matto

500+ Head-Fier
I just picked my self up a pair from ebay, the seller still has white ones left though I got the black ones
smily_headphones1.gif
and if people saw my thread 2 or so weeks ago i was planning on getting the triple.fi's, mtpc/mtpg etc etc. but eh for $85 AUD shipped to me you can't go wrong with that
wink.gif
and he was also selling the triple's for 2x as much, was really tempted though was scared if i didnt like the sound sig I would've had trouble reselling it since most people here got the amazon deal -.- so i figured I'd go for the 5's and if i like them i'll get the triples =) or what ever i decide on the time. But for now I should be happy with these:)

Anyway I'm just wondering if anyone has any tips for me about the super.fi 5 pros.

AND I'll be doing a review on these with the IE7's if any1's interested. Though I'm no audiophile but i'll do my best to try and compare them
smily_headphones1.gif

thanks.

Oct 30, 2010 at 12:02 PM Post #2 of 11
JUST GOT THEM :O, it seems like no1 really gives a damn bout these anymore though I can say for $85 exactly half of what i paid for my IE7 these are way worth it, if these were the same price as the IE7's i would even consider these over them, for half the price i'm speechless, and I don't know why the seller was selling them as used since there is no visible usage on them what so ever it's shiny as hell and the sound well I can only compare them to the ie7s

IE7s vs SF.5 pro's

Parkway Drive- Boneyards 202kbps
uhm well no detail missing but lacking that huge "kick drum" that I would get from listening to speakers LOL, the IE7's are definitely more airy, seperation uhm, i'd have to give it to the s.f 5s, though the drums are definitely more present in the IE7's

Keri Hilson- Alienated 192kbps
Okay the bass on this song was way over powering on the IE7s and sounded muddy, on the s.f 5 pro's it sounds great

Seal - A change is gonna come
Mids are definitely more present in the s.f 5 pro's, bass well IE7's, soundstage IE7's, the s.f's are definitely more forward though I definitely enjoy listening to these kinda genres on the S.F 5 pros,

I literally just got these half an hr ago, brother finally dropped em of to me -.-

Conclusion: IN MY opinion, screamo/heavy metal such as parkway drive, alexisonfire, every time i die etc etc. = IE7's i like having that dynamic bass presence in metal

though for R&B, hip hop I definitely prefer the s.f 5 pro's.

These were all through my iPhone 4 unamped, and Eq is off.

Oct 30, 2010 at 4:54 PM Post #3 of 11
my tip is to use the doubleflange tips as they will extend the highs. I wear the right earphone in my left ear and viceversa. To keep the correct L/R, I swap the cable connectors. I insert them deep in my ear canals for better soundstage and highs.  Do not be afraid to experiment.

Oct 30, 2010 at 5:03 PM Post #4 of 11
I may be the only odd person here, but I find the fit to be actually really comfortable and prefer wearing it over the IE7's when not sleeping of course hah, but yeah it fits perfectly. I'm using the senn medium dual-flanges fits pretty well and I tried the foam, from ue and senny, the normal tips and the dual flange from ue and settled on these.

Oct 30, 2010 at 9:53 PM Post #6 of 11

Quote:
I may be the only odd person here, but I find the fit to be actually really comfortable

Totally agree. Dunno where this myth about 5Pros being uncomfortable or hard to wear is coming from. I was using them with Shure mushrooms but UE supplied silicones were also fine.  I think people confuse shells being big and sticking out of ears with them being somehow uncomfortable.

Oct 30, 2010 at 11:19 PM Post #7 of 11
I didn't get a good fit on these before trying them with the modded triple flange:

1. Cut off the smallest flange, flush to the start of the middle flange.

2. Cut the stem past the largest flange, flush to the largest flange.

Nov 1, 2010 at 6:56 AM Post #8 of 11
I just realised I'm wearing them the other way around ^^ lol seems to fit my ear much more "snugly" if that makes sense or I apologize for using australian jargon, yes yes will do I'm really glad I bought these. Now for those T.F 10s ^^ hopefully if i do well in my upcoming exams my mum will get me them=)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back