Super.fi 5 deal, available for $60
Dec 18, 2010 at 2:34 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

mrbrad

100+ Head-Fier
Read this on cnet.com. If you go to the logitech site, add the super.fi 5 to your cart, they show up as costing $99, not $149. Then, enter  logi_sf5_121610 in the coupon code, they change to $60. And, free shipping. Great deal.

http://reviews.cnet.com/holiday-gift-guide/portable-audio/

Dec 18, 2010 at 7:50 AM Post #4 of 9
Just to throw this out there:
These ARE NOT the Super Fi. 5 Pro's or the EB's.

And they were supposed to have good highs, amazing mids, and ok bass. All with a HUGE soundstage for 60? I consider that a good deal.

Dec 18, 2010 at 7:57 AM Post #5 of 9
I have owned these in the past, while it is good for the price overall I would say they sound mediocre.

Mids were meh, I don't know what your definition of amazing mids are. Highs were grainy, and lacked a lot of definition. Bass is ok, nothing too bad about it except it doesn't extend too well which is to be expected of a single armature iem. Soundstage was pretty big but nothing too special.

Overall sound signature is leaning towards dark. In my opinion, the RE0 demolishes this in terms of clarity in the lows, mids and highs. The RE0 is just such a better and more cleaner sounding iem.

Also I didn't like the cable for the SuperFi 5, the cable feels tacky and is microphonic as hell worn down. The 3.5mm plug doesn't have a proper strain relief either and is a straight plug.

Would you believe that the RRP for the SuperFi 5 in Australia is $349.00? What a pathetic joke, we Australians are the butt of all retailers.

Dec 18, 2010 at 11:55 PM Post #7 of 9

Quote:
I have owned these in the past, while it is good for the price overall I would say they sound mediocre.

Mids were meh, I don't know what your definition of amazing mids are. Highs were grainy, and lacked a lot of definition. Bass is ok, nothing too bad about it except it doesn't extend too well which is to be expected of a single armature iem. Soundstage was pretty big but nothing too special.

Overall sound signature is leaning towards dark. In my opinion, the RE0 demolishes this in terms of clarity in the lows, mids and highs. The RE0 is just such a better and more cleaner sounding iem.

Also I didn't like the cable for the SuperFi 5, the cable feels tacky and is microphonic as hell worn down. The 3.5mm plug doesn't have a proper strain relief either and is a straight plug.

Would you believe that the RRP for the SuperFi 5 in Australia is $349.00? What a pathetic joke, we Australians are the butt of all retailers.

349????
Wow, That's just... I'm speechless.

Dec 19, 2010 at 5:33 AM Post #8 of 9

Quote:
349????

Yep and the RRP for the TripleFi 10vi is $749.00. Logitech love to screw us over. Even today the cheapest you can find the TF10vi from an authorized dealer is about $379.00.

On Australian Ebay you can find them for $360 from Hong Kong and about $450-550 from Australia - on American Ebay I see many for about $150.00. And it's definitely not an exchange rate thing anymore - they just love to screw us over.

Jan 2, 2011 at 9:30 PM Post #9 of 9

Quote:
Quote:
349????

Yep and the RRP for the TripleFi 10vi is $749.00. Logitech love to screw us over. Even today the cheapest you can find the TF10vi from an authorized dealer is about $379.00.

On Australian Ebay you can find them for $360 from Hong Kong and about $450-550 from Australia - on American Ebay I see many for about $150.00. And it's definitely not an exchange rate thing anymore - they just love to screw us over.

I feel for you my brother.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back