Sunrise Xcape IE broken?
Jan 4, 2012 at 7:30 AM Post #31 of 40
Hi people....It seems like my new pair of Sunrise Xcape IE still suffers from the infamous volume imbalance issue, it happened twice. Sunrise failed to resolve the issue I guess. Disappointed I am and I won't be buying anything from them anymore. Please stay away from these IEM. I could have spent my money better elsewhere.

Jan 9, 2012 at 5:30 PM Post #32 of 40
Hi there,

I wanted to send my earphones back to LendMeUrEars but the shipping charges costs half of the earphones' price and LendMeUrEars don't want to refund them. I contacted directly Sunrise and this is their response :

Quote:
If the problem came from the filter, some dirty liquid such as ear liquid flood into the filter. You can clean it and continue to use. All filter tested before packed so it is human problem. We will supply filters to dealers to help customers solve problem with it.

So guys, please, stop to importune Sunrise about that, it's not their fault, it's because your ears are dirty. I'm gonna buy some cotton tips this afternoon.

Jan 28, 2012 at 7:34 AM Post #33 of 40
Mine broke a few month ago and I bought them at Lendmeurears.com. They replaced mine within 2 month and the new ones I received are different to the original IE edition. I heard that there were some issues with the first generation and that the new version would fix the original's problems. Lendmeurears told me that the replacement was going to take a bit longer because Sunrise Audio were just a few week/days away from releasing the revised edition, really good customer service.

Anyway this is how the new ones look like; sunrise sw xcape impressive edition version 2 (?not sure if v.2 but it seems to be); note the different 3.5mm plug and y-split, theyre black now!

Feb 2, 2012 at 4:01 PM Post #34 of 40
Hello there, I'm new here

I just wanted to report that I've had the pictured new build Xcape IE for about 2 months now, without any problems. In fact I recently paired them with the Rocoo-P player to find what I think is the best SQ possible for the price. The sound-stage is phenomenal.

My commute is I hr 20 mins each way, and I'm actually starting to wish it was longer. Listening to Ben Frost's By the Throat this morning was mind-blowing.
UPDATE EDIT: I now do experience this problem, but only if i go into the cold outdoors - go figure. Lendmeurears ignored my contact via email. I tried making a hole in each filter with a pin. That solved the problem to some extent, but not fully. Now I've taken them off completely, which appears to have fixed it for now Anyone know where I can get better filters of the same size?

Jun 19, 2012 at 2:08 PM Post #35 of 40
Crap, I wish I had seen this thread before getting these. I got them from someone here via a trade. I have about 250 hours burn-in on them, and have yet to notice this issue (evidently according to the picture someone shared a few posts ago, I guess I have the first edition of the Xcape IE).

So, now I'm thinking its just a matter of time. . .UGGGGHHHHHHH
confused_face(1).gif

Jun 20, 2012 at 9:10 AM Post #36 of 40
Hi all

I was kind of sick for a long time so i didn't send the items back so i would not know if the new ones still get the same problems.
But as far i can tell Sunrise tried to fix the problem. Lenmeurears also is responding fast when u ask something. Not like the old days.
I hope that the problems are solved.

Jun 20, 2012 at 9:20 AM Post #37 of 40
I was told they have fixed all the old problems in the later batches, but I never see or hear the new one to confirm whether it is really fixed or not.

Jun 20, 2012 at 4:36 PM Post #38 of 40
Well we need some users to confirm that the problems are solved. One little problem is. People normally don't go to forums to say how much they love a product. U will see more complains then happy users. At least, thats my opinion.

Nov 16, 2012 at 12:01 PM Post #39 of 40
Now then, this is dumb.
I did my research, this was my first piece of "high end" audio product and was so excited about receiving it. I did spend more than I had told myself to but after waiting quite a bit the headphones finally came to Italy from Lendmeurears, I did have to pay 13€ since it had been stopped at the customs but still, nothing you can do about that.
I have used them for a week and I was so impressed with the overall quality. Now at the seventh day the left got noticeably lower volume, I have to give it about 30-40% more from rockbox/windows to have it on par with the right one. After one year and five months I thought they had fixed it and the "faulty batch" wasn't being sold anymore, which is why I bough it.
I am so disappointed. I hope it's just a temporary problem, will keep everyone update. I really don't want to wait another month to send them back, wait for them to send them here again and all that  stuff.

Nov 18, 2012 at 2:27 AM Post #40 of 40
Quote:
Mine broke a few month ago and I bought them at Lendmeurears.com. They replaced mine within 2 month and the new ones I received are different to the original IE edition. I heard that there were some issues with the first generation and that the new version would fix the original's problems. Lendmeurears told me that the replacement was going to take a bit longer because Sunrise Audio were just a few week/days away from releasing the revised edition, really good customer service.

Anyway this is how the new ones look like; sunrise sw xcape impressive edition version 2 (?not sure if v.2 but it seems to be); note the different 3.5mm plug and y-split, theyre black now!

I have that model and it's a joke. I spend 80€ on headphones, which is a lot for me but after convincing myself that it's worth it I go for it.
After waiting for one month I receive it and after only 5 days of use this problem presents itself, which they have known about for about a year and a half? Seriously?
How about fix it or if you are that incompetent stop selling them? I'm not going to spend 30€ and wait another month and a half to send them back to them and probably get the same problem.
Yes I'm mad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back