Sunrise Xcape IE broken?
Nov 10, 2011 at 5:17 PM Post #18 of 40
I received new earphones yesterday. Unfortunately, I have the same trouble. I don't understand why because normally it's a new batch. Lend me your ears sent me an email too :

Quote:
Anyway, we just spoke to the manufacturer of Sunrise over the phone.
He told us that the problem with the volume imbalance was due to the
problem of the filters. He said that the filter has very small holes.
When the dirt from our ears block the hole, it will cause pressure
difference which will lead to volume imbalance. Please note that since
the manufacturer spoke to us in Chinese, this is somewhat a literal
translation.

Since we are already sending you a new unit, we are hoping that you
can ascertain the truth of it by using your old Sw-Xcape without the
filters on.

I tried to remove the filters. The only way I found for do that is to break them. It seams to resolve the trouble for now, but without filters, earphones are no longer protected, so I'm afraid the earphones are damaged in the long run.

Nov 10, 2011 at 5:58 PM Post #19 of 40
Well that sounds like a bunch of crap. I am waiting for my new pair at the moment. Hopefully i don't get the same problem. Btw. i don't think its because of the dirt in our ears. I had that problem right away. And it only get after a while. It was a heating coil issue. What do they wanna say? We resolved the heating coil issue, so that would not lead to volume imbalance.. but now dirt is the reason for the same problem?

If it is not fixed i want my money back and will buy something else.

Nov 18, 2011 at 12:04 PM Post #22 of 40
Dear customers,

I represent for Sunrise Audio. We are sorry to hear about your problem with our product. The first batch of Xcape IE had the imbalance problem because of heating voice coil and removed damping. There are some products had problem with weak glue that may cause split housing. We did tested carefully and destroy all batch that has defective products like that. We improved the glue, the structure and also voice coil glue (which connect the voice coil and diaphragm), the method of assembling, the quality control and tested every product carefully.

There is other problem we found, that some products was damaged by transport, some has dirty filter that blocked the sound from driver but these case are rarely. We will continue listen to customers and improve our products. All available products are tested very carefully now and future products will be tested 2-3 months before release to market.

Thank you very much for supporting Sunrise Audio, please keep in touch with us through email, website or facebook. We are setting up a special team who can support international customers so please wait for us.

Best Regards,

Nov 18, 2011 at 12:06 PM Post #23 of 40
I just received a new batch but they have the exact same problem. And i really hate to wait every time for 2 week to "test" if they are going to work like they should do.

^ Btw, u could send me a new pair that you are absolutely sure about that they work properly. It would make up for the 2 months of frustration and i would not have to look for another brand.

Nov 21, 2011 at 12:20 PM Post #24 of 40
I guess they don't believe in there product and neither did they ever heard of damage control. They should just accept the fact that they can't fix the problem i think. Well for me it's over. I can't describe how much i liked the sound, but what use does good sound have if u can enjoy them only for +- 1 hour. The volume imbalance is just very annoying. The volume drops too much after a short while. I am now sure that i have to look for another brand. I am very disappointed in Sunrise and im sure a lot of people feel the same. Sadly i now have to search for another product/brand.

Nov 28, 2011 at 12:03 PM Post #25 of 40
Dear d4free,

We will exchange the new products of last batch Xcape IE for you, which we tested very carefully already. We need you return the products that you think are faulty to us so we can analyze it. Our dealer reported that you still keeping 2 Xcape IE and both have the problem. We are very sorry to hear about this and will pay the shipment cost for you. Please arrange the shipment and just shot the picture for us, we will arrange the new products to you to save the time.

We will exchange all the imbalance products that fail by manufacturing. Please contact us through our website

Best Regards,

Dec 10, 2011 at 8:08 AM Post #27 of 40
What's new about your earphones, d4free ? You sent it back to Sunrise ?

In my case, I confirm that removing the filters solves the trouble definitely. Unfortunately, the right ear-flap dislocated last week. It still works but it seems this product is not very robust. I bought it only 2 months ago.

Anyway, I asked Lendmeureas to send back the product because I don't want earphones without filters. They have accepted today.

I'm frustrated because the sound is pretty good, and I don't want really change for another product.

Dec 11, 2011 at 8:15 AM Post #28 of 40
Well no visible changes as far i can tell. I am currently waiting for the 3th pair. These ones should be tested really good and should work so i'll let u all know then.

Dec 31, 2011 at 6:27 AM Post #29 of 40
Hi people, I have similar problem as the people who posted here and I have been through 3 pairs of Xcape IE. I have sent the product back to Lendmeurears numerous times and it seems like this time they finally got it right.I waited for more than 2 weeks (longest ever since I'm situated in SIngapore, where lendmeurears is)and I received a new pair of Xcape IE today, which looks different from the previous ones that I received and I believed it to be the improved batch of the IE. Firstly, the 1/8 inch jack and the Y-split portion has been improved, it is now black and has better built unlike the silver ones which comes off at the slightest tug. However the wire seems thinner, but its not a problem. Well the most IMPORTANT thing is it doesn't seem to have the imbalance problem anymore as far as I could tell. I have been listening to it for the past 3 hrs plus, everything seems good. Might need a few more days of observation to confirm on this but I give Sunrise Audio the benefit of doubt that they have finally managed to resolved the issue. Truth to say that I too almost wanted to give up on Lendmeurears and Sunrise Audio after I received so many pairs of faulty earphones.Still kudos to Sunrise Audio on that.

P.S could Sunrise Audio clarify whether is it a new version of IE or the original Xcape, coz I could not find any pictures of the IE that looks like it.

Dec 31, 2011 at 8:54 AM Post #30 of 40
I was told by Sunrise that they have fixed all the problem on the newest batch of IE, perhaps yours belongs to that batch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back