:sunrise: Official 2015 SF Head-Fi Meet, July 18, 2015, Doubletree San Francisco Airport
Jul 18, 2015 at 1:33 AM Post #421 of 441
Just another quick suggestion - it's a good idea to bring a notepad and pen, or a smartphone if you're a fast typer. Because man I'll tell ya - it's easy to forget every little observation of the sonic performance of a headphone, amp and all the model numbers, etc. and sometimes you end up getting your wires crossed unless you have a hard copy of your observations. It's what I do, so hopefully I'm not the only one looking nerdy.

Also speaking of appearance, it's useful to keep in mind that appearance doesn't dictate the sound of a rig (especially with the looks of my tube amp), and of course price also doesn't dictate sound quality. 

Jul 18, 2015 at 1:49 AM Post #422 of 441
Just another quick suggestion - it's a good idea to bring a notepad and pen, or a smartphone if you're a fast typer. Because man I'll tell ya - it's easy to forget every little observation of the sonic performance of a headphone, amp and all the model numbers, etc. and sometimes you end up getting your wires crossed unless you have a hard copy of your observations. It's what I do, so hopefully I'm not the only one looking nerdy. 

Good call.

My wife just read the above and asked if I brought a pen, I said "naw, I'll just dictate voice memos on my phone." I still don't know why she laughed at me, saying how special I am... LOL

So I guess I won't be doing that and opt for the pen route instead.

Probably best for everyone around me anyway, haha.

Jul 18, 2015 at 2:48 AM Post #423 of 441

You can be there between 9-5. I intend to arrive at 9 cause

a) I can;t sleep tonight thinking of Noble K10 U,
b) the new Schiit amps,
c) getting mad dog pro at discount,
d) Cavali Audio new portable amp
e) meeting friends.

Mad Dog Pro is AWESOME.
Love mine!!!!

HAD to get a break (studio issues)...

gotta make it tomorrow...
Miss U guys

Jul 18, 2015 at 2:48 AM Post #424 of 441
Is it Cavalli Audio that normally has the Stax and the amplifiers?

And possibly Woo Audio? 

Will the HE-1000s be there as well?

Jul 18, 2015 at 3:06 AM Post #425 of 441
Well the stress never ends, Got my ticket but low coolant light came on temporarily tonight. Will have levels checked in the morning. If I need hoses, the show is off. If it really is low and I just need some coolant, OK as long as it's not serious. I'm pissed. Got the day off, bought my ticket, now this

Jul 18, 2015 at 3:11 AM Post #426 of 441
OK. Let's say I do get there. Is anyone going to have a Pendulumic Stance S1+ for sale. I'm looking to buy one but I'd like to compare it to the original S1 first and I too am bummed about Audeze pulling out

Jul 18, 2015 at 4:07 AM Post #427 of 441
While I planned to bring my rig, I had to finish some work late tonight, and just don't have the time or energy to dismantle, pack, and then get up early to come and setup. I will still come by just to listen though...

Jul 18, 2015 at 4:20 AM Post #428 of 441
I will be bringing the AMB γ3 high resolution dual-differential DAC prototype, in twin-chassis format. This is the world debut of this new DIY DAC, and I think you'll be impressed. Here are a few low-quality sneak-peeks:

gamma3_photo1.jpg

gamma3_photo2.jpg

gamma3_photo3.jpg

gamma3_photo4.jpg

gamma3_photo5.jpg

gamma3_photo6.jpg

gamma3_photo7.jpg

gamma3_photo8.jpg

A summary of features is found here: http://www.amb.org/audio/gamma3/]

Jul 18, 2015 at 7:44 AM Post #429 of 441
thinkin' bout bringin' Harry Pearson's (my first mentor and Founder of The Absolute Sound - he passed away this year) refurbished Stax SRM-T1 and headphones - 
but the tubes are a lil' tired- maybe someone has some I can use... Gotta check the numbers...  sounded great when I got it back last week though!

I have the original electrostat cans - so theyre also a bit fragile - but really cool to hear a serious piece of personal audio history
Anybody Interested in hearing it??

BIG thanX to @soundmanmike for the work on it!

love ya brother

Jul 18, 2015 at 10:09 AM Post #431 of 441
I bought tickets a while ago, but have not listed my gear lol.

Sennheiser HD600
Etymotic ER6I
Etymotic hf5
Behringer UCA202 DAC/Amp
BSG 18V cmoy amp
Vmoda crossfade M80 vocal

It is all pretty compact, and mostly for trying out different rigs with the hf5 and HD600 as my reference phones.

My source "stack" is only about the size of two altoid tins so I can just carry it with me.

Jul 18, 2015 at 11:29 AM Post #433 of 441
I will be bringing the AMB γ3 high resolution dual-differential DAC prototype, in twin-chassis format. This is the world debut of this new DIY DAC, and I think you'll be impressed. Here are a few low-quality sneak-peeks:

gamma3_photo1.jpg

gamma3_photo2.jpg

gamma3_photo3.jpg

gamma3_photo4.jpg

gamma3_photo5.jpg

gamma3_photo6.jpg

gamma3_photo7.jpg

gamma3_photo8.jpg

A summary of features is found here: http://www.amb.org/audio/gamma3/]

This project is really exciting and how I heard about the meet. I can't wait to hear it in action after months of reading the dev threads! Thanks again, amb, for all your hard work.

And seriously, everyone that helped put this meet together and who are willing to demo their gear and talent, thank you - you rock the casbah!

Meet you in a few.

Jul 18, 2015 at 11:32 AM Post #434 of 441
Well dear friends, life happens.
It is with great sadness that I must announce that I will not see all of you... or the great gear, and that my ticket will languish, unused, in the ether.

Have a truly brilliant day and post tons of pics and reviews!!!

Next time, my brothers and sisters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back