:sunrise: Official 2015 SF Head-Fi Meet, July 18, 2015, Doubletree San Francisco Airport
May 31, 2015 at 5:08 PM Post #122 of 441
Shoot, I wish that I can go. Will be in Vegas that day.

Jun 1, 2015 at 9:35 PM Post #125 of 441
It's the day after my birthday… Might have to treat myself to some new gear. 
rolleyes.gif

Jun 2, 2015 at 1:54 AM Post #126 of 441
I plan on attending. It'll be my first meet so looking forward to it.

Welcome to your first headphone meet! My advice would be to keep an open mind as much as possible to try new gear - even things you didn't think you would like. This can eventually save you money having tried things that would be otherwise recommended to you in the future. And take notes... advice I wish I had followed myself at the last meet. 
blink.gif

Jun 2, 2015 at 2:28 PM Post #127 of 441
  It's the day after my birthday… Might have to treat myself to some new gear. 
rolleyes.gif

Meets are dangerous things - they will light a fire in your wallet.

After my first meet I ended up making quite a few upgrades.

Jun 2, 2015 at 2:49 PM Post #128 of 441
  Meets are dangerous things - they will light a fire in your wallet.

After my first meet I ended up making quite a few upgrades.

Not for me. I found everything I tried to be a step backwards. Nothing had any volume, I was very disappointed. 

Jun 2, 2015 at 3:07 PM Post #129 of 441
  Not for me. I found everything I tried to be a step backwards. Nothing had any volume, I was very disappointed. 

Where you at the recent San Francisco Meet?

Jun 2, 2015 at 3:26 PM Post #131 of 441
  The official meet on July 19, 2014.

Ah I could imagine at the official meets it gets a bit loud to do any serious A/B testing.  You should keep an eye out for next time the smaller SF meets are planned much more intimate and you can get more quality time with the gear.  Last time we had some really good stacks and Jude's HE-1000s floating around at the time.

Jun 2, 2015 at 3:30 PM Post #132 of 441
  Ah I could imagine at the official meets it gets a bit loud to do any serious A/B testing.  You should keep an eye out for next time the smaller SF meets are planned much more intimate and you can get more quality time with the gear.  Last time we had some really good stacks and Jude's HE-1000s floating around at the time.

I don't think it would have mattered. I turned volume up to 100% on numerous equipment, and still was underwhelmed even with closed backs. The Oppo HA-1 was my biggest disappointment. I turned the volume up and was like wow, my ipod is louder than this. Switched it to high gain and basically the same thing. I listened with my own Alpha Dogs and ATH M-50's.

Jun 2, 2015 at 6:51 PM Post #133 of 441
I don't think it would have mattered. I turned volume up to 100% on numerous equipment, and still was underwhelmed even with closed backs. The Oppo HA-1 was my biggest disappointment. I turned the volume up and was like wow, my ipod is louder than this. Switched it to high gain and basically the same thing. I listened with my own Alpha Dogs and ATH M-50's.

Wow, no offense, but that is plain bizarre … what do you use at home to drive your gear to "satisfying" levels?

Jun 2, 2015 at 7:40 PM Post #134 of 441
Wow, no offense, but that is plain bizarre … what do you use at home to drive your gear to "satisfying" levels?

I'm kinda curious as well.  I listen at low volumes usually and have never come across an amp/headphone combination that I needed to turn all the way up unless the source volume was super low.  

Jun 2, 2015 at 11:26 PM Post #135 of 441

I was at the same meet and had no issue at any table I went to, which was all of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back