:sunrise: CanJam SoCal 2016 (March 19-20, 2016)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 16, 2016 at 6:41 PM Post #903 of 1,119
  I would like to audition the Liquid Tungsten as well. Current fave is my Garage 1217 EmberII. Thanks!

Yes sir!  
smile.gif

But I really want to get on the list for a Cavalli Liquid Carbon too. Mmmm.

Haha, we'll be making the official announcement soon, just have a few last-minute details to wrap up.  In the meantime, we're bringing Carbons to the show so that everybody can get auditions in.

Mar 16, 2016 at 6:50 PM Post #906 of 1,119
Yup, I just watched the video and bought my ticket. Great video Warren, I can't believe how much subject you covered or how quickly, a very clear speaker, wow!
I have been sitting on my hands for some time now waiting until this event to dive into actually purchasing a high end portable digital audio system. Up until now it has been high end at home and lo fi on the road. And I spend at least 3 days a week on the road! The DAP's and DAC's and IEM's that go with them are quite complicated. But I have been studying and after a little hands, ears, and eyes on time this Saturday I should be confident. I'll celebrate in Disneyland Sunday!

Mar 16, 2016 at 7:00 PM Post #907 of 1,119
Hey guys been reading up on everyone's posts, been doing 16 hour days the last week, so i don't have to worry about anything left undo this weekend.  I was also not going to pick up any more gear till can jam but i broke down and overnight ed an he-6 from amazon, oh well, such problems :):)

I also have been doing some work on my ST-120 Tube Amp, a friend built this for me a few years back, and since both my he-560 and he-6 like the regular speaker terminal box from hifiman i figured why not try it, and ended up staying up till like two last night and got it work, well didn't finish till right now actually, stupid short took forever to find :):) stupid bias pot wouldn't do anything, sucks having three out four tubes biased, sounded terrible, so after that long process i replaced my four year old tubes with some gold lion kt88, rebiased everything, and so far I'm blown away, i hooked up the he-560 first just in case i fried everything (never have used a speaker terminal box for headphones before) and haven't taken them off yet, and that isn't even with the he-6 :):) almost want to wait to try the he-6 as they just came in yesterday... But anyways, i keep thinking why not lug this 55lb behemoth to canjam, set it up in my room, and see who we can have try it out :):) Seems like that is what some other guys will be doing, :):)

But anyways can't wait, too bad i keep blowing money and not regretting it :):)

Mar 16, 2016 at 7:13 PM Post #909 of 1,119
One of these days, I'll get to try in and out burger.

it's overrated... We'll eat here instead Joe.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/seasons-52-costa-mesa?osq=seasons+52

Mar 16, 2016 at 7:17 PM Post #911 of 1,119

Mmm chicken katsu. I'll check it out when I'm there on Saturday :)

From what I'm reading it sounds like the Mojo has the good R2R-like characteristics of having natural timbre and spacious imaging without the etched or detail-spiked sound of the gala of delta-sigma off the shelf converters in most portable DACs and DAPs. This weekend is going to be mainly about testing my TH-X00 with a Mojo at the event and then trying some other portable setups like the QP1R. I'm almost ready to drop $600, I just have to be sure
smily_headphones1.gif

The QP1R is very good.

He won't like the QP1R's DAC.  I know his tastes and he'll find it too digital and etched.  

Mar 16, 2016 at 8:19 PM Post #914 of 1,119

Hey Warren,

Count me in on the Tungsten. Only tube amp I Have is the Lyr.

Jim

Jim!  
smile.gif
  I was beginning to think you might never chime in buddy!

Yup, I just watched the video and bought my ticket. Great video Warren, I can't believe how much subject you covered or how quickly, a very clear speaker, wow!

Thanks!
beerchug.gif

I'll let @jude know that you liked the video!

I'll celebrate in Disneyland Sunday!

LOL, I know from personal experience that one day is not enough... so we'll see about that!  
biggrin.gif

I was also not going to pick up any more gear till can jam but i broke down and overnight ed an he-6 from amazon, oh well, such problems :):)

Bring it by our room and see how it sounds on a LAu!  
smile.gif

http://www.yelp.com/biz/seasons-52-costa-mesa?osq=seasons+52

For lunch?  #aintnobodygottimeforthat  
biggrin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back