:sunrise: CanJam SoCal 2016 (March 19-20, 2016)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 16, 2016 at 10:18 PM Post #932 of 1,119

drgajet, bearFNF and I have a reservation for Seasons 52 Friday night. :thumbsup::thumbsup:
If somebody wants to joint us there is one spot open right now. PM me. If there is more I will try to increase the reservation.

I've got to set-up.  
frown.gif
  BTW, surprised that Bear didn't sign up for a Tungsten audition yet.  If he did, you guys could all come in for a 45-minute block!

@warrenpchi 

Hi Warren! Am I too late for a spot to listen to the Liquid Tungsten?  If not I'd like a chance please.  I've listened to the bottle head mainline, Woo 234, a custom Eddie Current and some others.  I really liked listening to the Liquid Gold at the last CanJam.  Wish I had the HE-6 back then. Thank You!

Nope, you're right on time sir!  
smile.gif
  Just put you on the list.

BTW, in case anyone's wondering... I've been updating the bottom of our Cavalli post with the Liquid Tungsten Audition Spots list, which currently looks like:

Liquid Tungsten Audition Spots:

The Liquid Glass is a superb hybrid amp. 

My Glass brother!  
smile.gif
  Feeling better?

Mar 16, 2016 at 10:29 PM Post #933 of 1,119
I've got to set-up.  :frowning2:   BTW, surprised that Bear didn't sign up for a Tungsten audition yet.  If he did, you guys could all come in for a 45-minute

Are you sure? I can help you set up in the afternoon and be ready for dinner :smiley:
Sign Bob up. I'll make sure he comes over. I am sure he wiould be interested in taking a listen..

Moon Audio Stay updated on Moon Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/MoonAudio/ https://twitter.com/MoonAudio https://instagram.com/moonaudio https://www.moon-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@moon-audio sales@moon-audio.com
Mar 16, 2016 at 10:41 PM Post #934 of 1,119
The Liquid Glass is a superb hybrid amp. And I can only imagine how great the Liquid Tungsten, a pure tube amp must sound. For now I am happy to jam out to some Tomita using my LG and Yggdrasil. Earlier I was using the Yggy and Ragnarock to make my HE1K sing like a muse, while listening to Frank Zappa's Sheik Yerbouti. And the Ragnarock is solid-state but it sounds like a tube amp sometimes.
biggrin.gif

Me loves me some Zappa.

Mar 16, 2016 at 10:45 PM Post #935 of 1,119

I've got to set-up.  
frown.gif
  BTW, surprised that Bear didn't sign up for a Tungsten audition yet.  If he did, you guys could all come in for a 45-minute block!

Nope, you're right on time sir!  
smile.gif
  Just put you on the list.

BTW, in case anyone's wondering... I've been updating the bottom of our Cavalli post with the Liquid Tungsten Audition Spots list, which currently looks like:

My Glass brother!  
smile.gif
  Feeling better?

If there is nobody else then I'll take a spot on the audition spot if that's alright I sold my Valhalla 2 because it didn't do it for me.

Mar 16, 2016 at 10:46 PM Post #936 of 1,119
warrenpchi I want to hear that Liquid Tungsten for sure! And as you know, my favorite tube amp is the DNA Stratus. :wink:

Mar 16, 2016 at 10:51 PM Post #937 of 1,119
The location is just out of driving range for me... Darn. Maybe next time.
I'll be looking forward to seeing the pictures of any new stuff. Thanks guys for putting these events on.

Mar 16, 2016 at 11:11 PM Post #939 of 1,119
warren i would love to bring my he-6 buy and try that amp out, thank you for the offer, is there room on the list?

I have my lyr 2 and gustard h10, but last night after using the he-6 for the first time, well i think they aren't cutting it, the lyr2 i had up all the way, on high gain, and it still wasn't that great... the gustard i also thew the dip switches to the highest gain and while it was louder, still... So when i fixed my st-120 amp (60watts per channel, or 32 if you switch to petode, or maybe it was triode, but anyways when i hooked that up into the he-6, well that was what i had expected to hear, and then some :):)

i'll do a search about the tungsten right now, and I'm thinking of bringing my giant amp, only because its the best one i have right now :):)

Mar 16, 2016 at 11:31 PM Post #941 of 1,119
Done packing.
dt880smile.png

Warren, yes, please sign me up if there is still room. spaced it.

12 hours till I low crawl out of work...
ph34r.gif

16 hours till I board the plane...

23 hours till I land in SoCal...

or there abouts anyway....
biggrin.gif

Mar 16, 2016 at 11:32 PM Post #942 of 1,119
Sign Bob up. I'll make sure he comes over. I am sure he wiould be interested in taking a listen..

I can't!  
frown.gif
  I made a rule that people have to post here, and specified no proxies, so I have to be fair.  @bearFNF, come claim a Tungsten spot!  
biggrin.gif

If there is nobody else then I'll take a spot on the audition spot if that's alright I sold my Valhalla 2 because it didn't do it for me.

Yup!  Got a shiny new spot with your name on it!  
smile.gif

@warrenpchi I want to hear that Liquid Tungsten for sure! And as you know, my favorite tube amp is the DNA Stratus.
wink.gif

Awesome, we're almost there!  
smily_headphones1.gif

@warrenpchi, if there's an open spot, I'll give a listen.... If there's space that is. I don't need to horde a spot from someone else.

You get a special advance spot the day before for Team CanJam members!  
wink.gif

warren i would love to bring my he-6 buy and try that amp out, thank you for the offer, is there room on the list?

Yes, by all means, bring your HE-6!  
smile.gif

Okay guys, I've made a few alterations to the list.  @third_eye and @joe can listen after hours as they're Team CanJam.  @Stillhart will have an opportunity to listen after-hours as well.  So here's the new list:

I imagine that @bearFNF will be along shortly to claim a spot... at which point there will be one more spot left.

Mar 16, 2016 at 11:34 PM Post #943 of 1,119
Mar 16, 2016 at 11:55 PM Post #944 of 1,119
  P.S. - Please guys, for the love of all that is holy, don’t quote this entire post in replies!  
biggrin.gif

Hey Warren, I hope to be able to listen to the Liquid Tungsten prototype at SoCal CanJam.

Being a huge Cavalli Audio fan (from the first time I listened to the Liquid Gold, I was hooked), I have to say that one of the best tube amps I've ever heard is the Liquid Glass. For other non-Cavalli amps, some of the best I've heard is the Woo Audio WA5 and Frank Cooter's custom electrostatic amp (if that counts).

EDIT: Just noticed I might be the last one to get an audition spot...?
eek.gif

Mar 17, 2016 at 12:00 AM Post #945 of 1,119

Hey Warren, I hope to be able to listen to the Liquid Tungsten prototype at SoCal CanJam.

Being a huge Cavalli Audio fan (from the first time I listened to the Liquid Gold, I was hooked), I have to say that one of the best tube amps I've ever heard is the Liquid Glass. For other non-Cavalli amps, some of the best I've heard is the Woo Audio WA5 and Frank Cooter's custom electrostatic amp (if that counts).

Haha, the legendary Cooter stat amp is a stat amp, so not quite the same thing due to the profound difference in sound quality due to the transducer.  But the WA5 totally does!

EDIT: Just noticed I might be the last one to get an audition spot...? 
eek.gif

Yup!  
beerchug.gif

And... done.  
smile.gif

20 Liquid Tungsten Audition Spots:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back