:sunrise: CanJam SoCal 2016 (March 19-20, 2016)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 18, 2016 at 12:24 PM Post #1,066 of 1,119
Mar 18, 2016 at 12:51 PM Post #1,067 of 1,119
Hype for the new Liquid Carbon run...Warren let me hear one with a pair of PM3s and it's for sure the cleanest sounding standalone portable amp I've heard to date.

Also stoked to hear the new Audeze cans again - the Sine sounded great at CES, probably going to be my next portable can. I love the PM3s but the Sines have just that extra bit of subbass that makes them really shine with EDM and anything that has timpani, double peddle bass, etc.

Mar 18, 2016 at 1:32 PM Post #1,068 of 1,119
I feel like the grounded kid that didn't get to go to the cool party! 
frown.gif

Mar 18, 2016 at 3:26 PM Post #1,075 of 1,119
I am really looking forward to attending this CanJam 2016, especially since I live not too far away in San Diego.  You snowbirds are going to love the weather here in SoCal this week, that's for sure.  Doesn't get much better than this.

Even though I am a newbie to this forum, I am not a newbie to audio.  I am an electrical engineer, audio engineer, and systems engineer.  I am also looking forward to hearing some of my own 24-bit music on some of these high-end headphones and earphones.  Right now in my studio, I use a pair of Audio Technica ATH-M50 headphones flattened using Sonarworks software to check mixes and some Sennheiser HD580 headphones for editing audio, so I am really interested in hearing what some of these high end systems sound like in comparison to those.  Probably time to upgrade.

Also interested in meeting some of the people whose posts I've been reading for the last coupla months.  Should be interesting!
JV

BTW, thanks Jude for the informative CanJam video overview you posted.  That helps!

Mar 18, 2016 at 4:10 PM Post #1,077 of 1,119
Dinner with peeps attending tonight. Roll around the trade show tomorrow then dinner again. Listening for decent iems. Should be good.

Mar 18, 2016 at 4:48 PM Post #1,078 of 1,119
Just figured out how to get my HD800 with its original box into my rollaboard. Woot! Now I can audition with my very own cans, since I have the Black Dragon balanced cable and Anaxilus mod, which won't be the same as the 800's at the the demo tables.

Although... I suspect after hearing the 800S at CanJam tomorrow, I may be looking for a buyer for my beloved originals. Figured I'd come prepared in case someone made me an offer I couldn't refuse. 
biggrin.gif

If you're in the market, PM me.

Mar 18, 2016 at 5:11 PM Post #1,079 of 1,119
As there have been several posts regarding food, I thought I'd mention the Boudin Bakery. They have great sandwiches and wonderful clam chowder or chili served in a sour dough bread bowl with a side salad. Yum! They are a 5 minute walk from the hotel - over the pedestrian footbridge, then straight ahead and down the stairs. That's where I plan on lunching, unless I get sidetracked by some other group of enthusiasts. Also, somebody earlier mentioned The Habit Burger Grill. I've never been there, but it appears to be a short drive away. The burgers looked delish on their website and I'll drive if anyone else would like to go there. I'll be at CanJam both days and will be working the registration desk on Sunday from 9 - 1.

Mar 18, 2016 at 5:14 PM Post #1,080 of 1,119
Just run into Jude at the Westin Lobby, just an hour before we can rush into the hall and "hopefully" finding all the gears waiting in one piece, finger crossed.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back