:sunrise: CanJam SoCal 2016 (March 19-20, 2016)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 17, 2016 at 12:10 PM Post #976 of 1,119

Good morning!

Just checked in ready for my adventure tomorrow; going to be a long day, especially if the 405 is crazy tomorrow afternoon! If anyone wants to take pity on a jetlagged Brit tomorrow evening and doesn't mind a gatecrasher for their dinner plans, I should be in town around 6pm.

You're with us mate (like you even had to ask).  
smile.gif

If @bangkokkid wants to hook me up with a custom of each Noble model, for the same duration, maybe this could be arranged.  See what I did there?

Yeah you pretty much let Brannan decide MY fate. 
frown.gif

As is the natural order of things... 
tongue.gif

I am landing tomorrow at 12:30pm some I am open in the afternoon to help anybody in the set up.

The whole Cavalli crew will be waiting for you, Bob and Jim.  It's gonna be a yabba dabba do time!  
smile.gif

Mar 17, 2016 at 12:23 PM Post #977 of 1,119
  Theres an In N Out two streets down from the Canjam spot on Harbor right off the 405. Is there still a spot for a fellow headfier to crash dinner and hang out friday night? I dont really know anyone personally from the forums so figured this could be a good start!

Thats further than the one on Bristol about 1/4 mile North of The Westin. I will be working the Noble booth and setting up Friday, come introduce yourself, shouldn't be any issues coming with us to In N Out Friday after we setup.

Mar 17, 2016 at 12:27 PM Post #978 of 1,119
Warren,

So what do we have to do? Are these the order of audition too, starting at 12 and 15 min each? Also what headphones will be available? I plan to bring my music on a sd card, will there be a computer I can use?

Thanks

We're going to have several headphones available, this includes an Audeze LCD-X, a JPS Labs Abyss AB-1266, and a Sennheiser HD 800.  There may be more, but we'll be starting with those three.  Of course, y'all are welcome (and should) bring whatever headphones you've got... especially those that you are familiar with.  This is actually a good idea in general because then you can also audition rigs at the show using your own headphones.

As for the rig, the source has yet to be determined, but there will be an R2R DAC of some kind, hooked up to a MacBookPro as a digital transport.  So yes guys, please bring your music!  Both USB and SD card should be fine.

As for time slots...

20 Liquid Tungsten Audition Spots:

Everybody, please post (here in this thread) the time slot that you would like!  
smile.gif
 The 15-minute auditions will start at Noon on Saturday, and run until 5:00p.  If I get two requests for the same 15-minute time block, the earlier one takes precedence.  Thanks guys!

Mar 17, 2016 at 12:28 PM Post #979 of 1,119
You're with us mate (like you even had to ask).  :smile:

As is the natural order of things... :p

The whole Cavalli crew will be waiting for you, Bob and Jim.  It's gonna be a yabba dabba do time!  :smile:  

Deal!! See you tomorrow! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Moon Audio Stay updated on Moon Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/MoonAudio/ https://twitter.com/MoonAudio https://instagram.com/moonaudio https://www.moon-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@moon-audio sales@moon-audio.com
Mar 17, 2016 at 12:29 PM Post #980 of 1,119
Mar 17, 2016 at 12:31 PM Post #981 of 1,119

Everybody, please post (here in this thread) the time slot that you would like!  
smile.gif
 The 15-minute auditions will start at Noon on Saturday, and run until 5:00p.  If I get two requests for the same 15-minute time block, the earlier one takes precedence.  Thanks guys!

@warrenpchi

2-2:15pm for me. 

Thanks.

Mar 17, 2016 at 12:37 PM Post #982 of 1,119

Thats further than the one on Bristol about 1/4 mile North of The Westin. I will be working the Noble booth and setting up Friday, come introduce yourself, shouldn't be any issues coming with us to In N Out Friday after we setup.

Actually the bristol one is better, more parking! Also, what time were you guys planning on going after setting up? They close at 2. Im busy until 6 but should be free after

Mar 17, 2016 at 1:11 PM Post #987 of 1,119
Mar 17, 2016 at 1:13 PM Post #988 of 1,119
  So, how's the SoCal CanJam compare to the RMAF CanJam? 

SoCal feels more intimate to me because of the room layouts and because it's a lot busier.  And of the people who do come at RMAF, a lot are folks who come by from the 2-channel crowd who are just curious.  SoCal is all enthusiasts so it has more energy and excitement among the attendees.  

And both have panels, yes.

Mar 17, 2016 at 1:23 PM Post #990 of 1,119

Actually the bristol one is better, more parking!

We might walk, we will see. It will depend on how many want to come, cars we have etc. Warren rent us a limo you baller. 
wink_face.gif

Originally Posted by Watagump /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Here ya go warren, I did my part, you just need to pay.

Again, I shall refer you to @bangkokkid  
tongue.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back