Sunglass-Fi?
Jul 18, 2010 at 4:35 PM Post #258 of 414
Is there a site that tells you what to look for in sunglasses?  I don't know what I'm looking at with all the lens coatings etc.  I want to get en entry level pair that is considered decent quality, but really don't know what brands to go for.  Ideas?

Jul 18, 2010 at 5:35 PM Post #260 of 414
$200 and under maybe?  More if they're really worth it, but nothing near $300.  Not sure, I know nothing about them or what levels there are for the different quality.

To give you an idea of the style I prefer, I'd say it's something like this:

First ones are Oakley Whiskers (I doubt Oakleys are that great, seem more mainstream to me) and the second are Revo Discerns.  They're a bit more than I want to spend, but if they'd be worth it and they look decent on me, I'll spend the $240.  Most glasses I try on look stupid on me so it would have to be something I can find in a store to try.

Jul 19, 2010 at 7:20 PM Post #261 of 414
I currently have a pair of nice raybans, but I'm looking for a cheaper pair of sunglasses for when I play tennis. I'd still like them to be polarized and have UV protection. I read this article on Lifehacker and am trying to see if I can do it myself. Max budget: $40. I don't care about brand name. I'd like them to be sleek and black. I don't care about plastic vs. metal frame. Obviously the two below sunglasses are much more expensive (brand name), but just showing the type of styles I like. No aviators, or anything too bulky. Anyone have the miracle answer to my question? Thanks!

Jul 21, 2010 at 7:56 PM Post #263 of 414
Anyone know any good Aviators? Not true avs...like ray ban but sporty retro lile Carrera

Jul 22, 2010 at 12:42 AM Post #265 of 414

Quote:
Not sure you read my paragraph. Those are all $200 heh. I said max $40. Thanks though.

Damn...40$ go to those shack shops that sell fake shades at the mall

Jul 22, 2010 at 1:29 AM Post #266 of 414
Yes yes I realize that.I linked to an article from lifehacker above. Polarized glasses are not expensive to manufacture. All you really pay for in those expensive glasses are a better frame and the brand name. Polarized and UV protected sunglasses are available for $40 (so says the article). Thus, I was trying to find these cheaper polarized sunglasses. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Jul 22, 2010 at 2:46 AM Post #267 of 414

Quote:
Yes yes I realize that.I linked to an article from lifehacker above. Polarized glasses are not expensive to manufacture. All you really pay for in those expensive glasses are a better frame and the brand name. Polarized and UV protected sunglasses are available for $40 (so says the article). Thus, I was trying to find these cheaper polarized sunglasses. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Yeah. Heard that 70% of all shades are made from same company. But if ur looking for polarized and no looks...then try shadesdirect

Jul 25, 2010 at 3:14 AM Post #268 of 414

Quote:
Yeah. Heard that 70% of all shades are made from same company. But if ur looking for polarized and no looks...then try shadesdirect

And that company would be Luxottica, which owns the likes of Oakley, Ray-Ban and Revo as well as having partnerships to manufacture and sell for designer companies like Dolce&Gabbana. Just fyi.

Jul 25, 2010 at 3:22 AM Post #269 of 414
I've just discovered Maui Jim Sunglasses. Spectacular vision is all that I can say about them!! In the car, you can't see the windscreen (as though there's absolutely no glass and it's a bit disconcerting when there's dirt on it. It looks as though the dirt is floating in space.

If I look in the direction of the sun (Not AT the sun) they don't cloud over in the slightest and colour and contrast are really heightened.

The good part was I had a pair sent to me and then a second pair were sent gratis!!!!

Up until now, I had never really taken sunglasses too seriously.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back