Summit-Fi Random Thoughts
Mar 14, 2024 at 12:37 PM Post #406 of 521
Mar 14, 2024 at 4:07 PM Post #407 of 521
I think Chord Dave gets the rave because it is reasonably priced and is a flagship. Other Hifi brand's flagship players / DACs go many times pricier than Dave. It is a good middle point in general and can certainly be considered as end-game for Head-fiers, but for people who are also into two channel speaker systems, Dave may not be "enough".
I would argue Dave by itself is overpriced and not flagship. If you include Sean Jacobs PSU and sell both for the price of Dave, then I can potentially see the combo as reasonably priced and high end (based on my discussion with a Sean Jacobs insider).

Mar 16, 2024 at 12:34 AM Post #408 of 521
If you are going to spend 50k, please source an HE90, not a HE1.

Mar 19, 2024 at 5:51 PM Post #409 of 521
If you are going to spend 50k, please source an HE90, not a HE1.
But what about the bass? I’ve heard the HE90 is better from multiple sources, but I haven’t heard why. Why is it better? You can source a HE90 for less than an HE-1 if you’re patient. I still don’t know why it is better though, as I’ve never heard it. What does it compare to?

Mar 19, 2024 at 5:54 PM Post #410 of 521
I need some better true wireless IEMs. I tried the Hifman Susvarna, but I didn’t like them at all. I like the AirPods Pro actually, but they could be better. I’m specifically looking to increase the sound quality on my Vision Pro. I’ll deal with the AirPods Pro 2, but if there is something better I’d buy it.

Mar 19, 2024 at 6:07 PM Post #411 of 521
But what about the bass? I’ve heard the HE90 is better from multiple sources, but I haven’t heard why. Why is it better? You can source a HE90 for less than an HE-1 if you’re patient. I still don’t know why it is better though, as I’ve never heard it. What does it compare to?
he90 sounds most like the r10 imo

Mar 19, 2024 at 6:11 PM Post #412 of 521
he90 sounds most like the r10 imo
So, it has a bass problem. Interesting. I have never heard an R10, but have the ES-R10, which I like, but it’s not blowing me away. Apparently the bass is better off the ES, but people say they like the midrange and highs better off the OG. Hopefully I’ll hear it one day. I don’t have a particularly rosy tint toward old headphones, but I know many people like their “musicality.”

Mar 19, 2024 at 6:11 PM Post #413 of 521
I need some better true wireless IEMs. I tried the Hifman Susvarna, but I didn’t like them at all. I like the AirPods Pro actually, but they could be better. I’m specifically looking to increase the sound quality on my Vision Pro. I’ll deal with the AirPods Pro 2, but if there is something better I’d buy it.
Have you tried any of the Noble wireless?

Mar 19, 2024 at 6:12 PM Post #414 of 521
Have you tried any of the Noble wireless?
I haven’t, but I previously had the Noble Khans, which I liked. I didn’t know they made truly wireless IEMs. I’ll check them out. Thanks!

Mar 19, 2024 at 6:20 PM Post #415 of 521
I haven’t, but I previously had the Noble Khans, which I liked. I didn’t know they made truly wireless IEMs. I’ll check them out. Thanks!
Any summit IEM recommends @Ciggavelli? I got come Campfire Trifecta last week, but the tuning is too wonky for me. Very fun, but it wears off fast imo. I want the Diana TC or Susvara of IEMs.

Mar 19, 2024 at 6:31 PM Post #416 of 521
Any summit IEM recommends @Ciggavelli? I got come Campfire Trifecta last week, but the tuning is too wonky for me. Very fun, but it wears off fast imo. I want the Diana TC or Susvara of IEMs.

Oriolus Triallii for Susvara of IEMs in terms of midrange tonality

Mar 19, 2024 at 6:32 PM Post #417 of 521
I’m the wrong person to ask. I have weirdly shaped ear canals, so I can’t wear IEMs for long. I’m looking to get into it though. I just need to get custom tips or go CIEM. But for the Vision Pro, it’s not possible to go wired :triportsad:

Mar 19, 2024 at 6:43 PM Post #418 of 521
It's another level. You know what to do.

I think you are on the path of Lampizator which is very good and treacherous.

I'd pay attention to the implementation as I don't really dig Lamps engine by example especially at the various price points.

However I'd take my time with it as I personally feel the digital side at a point becomes a fine art.
Can you tell me how big of a gap there is between your Phonique DHT & Acuhorn XT ? Also how far up the Lampizator ladder do you think the Acuhorn XT can be compared to?

Mar 19, 2024 at 7:36 PM Post #419 of 521
So, it has a bass problem. Interesting. I have never heard an R10, but have the ES-R10, which I like, but it’s not blowing me away. Apparently the bass is better off the ES, but people say they like the midrange and highs better off the OG. Hopefully I’ll hear it one day. I don’t have a particularly rosy tint toward old headphones, but I know many people like their “musicality.”
This wouldn't be my assessment. The R10 is much more organic/realistic sounding than the Es-r10, but the two have similar overall signature. The bass-heavy version of the R10 is worse sounding imo because it takes away from the overall presentation and decay.

The R10 and the He90 are similar because they are both warm and emotional with some what similar soundstage effect. Very euphoric feeling.
The Sr-omega (of same era) is a much more neutral presentation than either.

The sr-007mk1 off a carbon, megatron or T2, is the best bass I've heard from an estat.
I heard the he-1 recently and was not impressed by it. I felt my 007 mk1 / megatron was superior in almost all areas.

Mar 19, 2024 at 8:01 PM Post #420 of 521
I spent a couple of years in the stax camp in the past with various KG amps (T2/carbon/BHSE) etc etc .
I still have 2 port modded 007mk2s and a 007mk1 just for collection sake.
While i admit the bass of the 007s are great, theyre still not HE-1 levels in engagement/resolution. Problem with the HE-1 is that the internal DAC is seriously meh. To each their own.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back