Suggestions for my budget please!
Aug 23, 2010 at 11:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Spykk3

New Head-Fier
Hey everyone, I'm turning to the experts once again for advice. Last time I asked about headphones on here, I was pointed to HD25-IIs, and they were probably the best money I've ever spent.

Anyway, my girlfriend's birthday is next month, and she needs a new set of headphones. Something fairly durable, and that will fit a smaller sized head.

-preference is for closed (since they will be mostly for traveling on noisy public transit)
-<$100 CAD
-No IEMs
-Available in Canada is a bonus!

I was eyeing the HD228s, but I've seen some mixed feelings with them. She has a gen7 iPod nano.

Thanks again

Aug 23, 2010 at 11:34 PM Post #2 of 4
How fashion conscious is she (I ask because it was a real pain in the butt to find phones for my fiance that she would actually consent to be seen in public wearing...).  I like the Fischer FA-004s at that price quite a bit, and they'll definitely fit a smaller head.  A lot of good phones seem to be too big for the ladies.  Take a look at Equation RP-21s as well; they're a touch on the bass heavy side for my liking, but they're snazzy looking and they certainly put out a fine sound for the coin.  Also take a look at the FS forums and see if you can't snag a pair of A700s or SRH840s for under your threshold of pain (the latter may be tough). 

Aug 24, 2010 at 12:31 AM Post #4 of 4

Fashon isn't really a BIG concern, as long as they're not completely dorky, I think it's alright. Size may be the only concern there. The RP21s seem a little too chunky. The Fischers seem like a good choice, though.

Quote:
How fashion conscious is she (I ask because it was a real pain in the butt to find phones for my fiance that she would actually consent to be seen in public wearing...).  I like the Fischer FA-004s at that price quite a bit, and they'll definitely fit a smaller head.  A lot of good phones seem to be too big for the ladies.  Take a look at Equation RP-21s as well; they're a touch on the bass heavy side for my liking, but they're snazzy looking and they certainly put out a fine sound for the coin.  Also take a look at the FS forums and see if you can't snag a pair of A700s or SRH840s for under your threshold of pain (the latter may be tough). 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back