Suggestions for alarm clocks?
Dec 29, 2006 at 2:20 AM Post #16 of 27
I use this

puslebrik_vaekkeur_38_st.jpg

When the alarm goes off those puzzle pieces go flying in the air, than the dog comes in and starts barking, than the wife starts nagging, and than the kids start whining.....OK I'll get up!

Sep 11, 2018 at 2:27 AM Post #17 of 27
I'm finding it suprisingly difficult to find a civilized alarm clock. I hated my previous one purchased because it had a low volume setting which I set to low and the next morning put out more decibels than my smoke detector! I awoke like that ->
basshead.gif

My present one has a large wonderfully low illumination LED which can't be read by day but is perfect at night. The problem is the off switch is just barely elevated and once found by feel (one of three identical buttons!), resists tooth and (literally) nail sliding into the off position. The "BEEP!-BEEP!-BEEP!" seems to cause panic in my dazed head and at the time I don't know which direction to slide the dreaded button. Naked and scared, the only thing missing to complete the experience is for a doctor to hang me upside down by the ankles and slap my butt.

All I want is a large low illumination LED, variable volume and one easy to find and depress button for off. Don't want radio. A signal other than "BEEP!-BEEP!-BEEP!" would be a bonus. Why not a range of wake up sounds? I'd pay $200 for a civilized alarm clock.
what should my best choices for a budget price?

Oct 7, 2018 at 2:44 PM Post #21 of 27
I'm looking for a cd/radio alarm clock that sounds decent for around $60. I saw a Sharper Image one, which looked alright, but I don't know anything about it or how it sounds. It's actually being given to me as a gift, but I get to choose it out. I can only assume the price range is around $60, because I was offered the $60 sharper image one.

So, what are my best choices for this price range?

Thanks.

Ok, I spent like 5 bucks on a casio folding portable alarm clock and have been using it for like 15 years. I can't get into expensive alarm clocks. Spend the other 55 bucks on SACDs

Oct 14, 2018 at 11:33 AM Post #25 of 27

Users who are viewing this thread

Back