Suggestion for a DAP able to manage a 30,000 titles library
Feb 8, 2018 at 2:57 PM Post #16 of 23
[QUOTE="Tinnitus Man, post: 14028723, member: 423841"And yes, I have an Android powered player now. There's many apps available. Sometimes the DAPs are intended to be used by the app provided by the manufacturer to give the best playback experience - it really depends on the DAP/manufacturer. Common apps I've seen are HiBy, PowerAmp, Onkyo, but other people have other preferences.[/QUOTE]

Ok, thank you Pete. Are you happy of your AR-M20?

Feb 11, 2018 at 9:52 AM Post #19 of 23
Unfortunately, it doesn't work like that!
My problem is not a storage capacity. My problem is a Firmware limitation. Even if I have my 30,000 files on the 200 gb SD card, only the maximum amount of files allowed by the firmware will appear in the library.

So, my problem remain the same, does anyone knows a good and not too expansive DAP with a firmware allowing to manage a 30,000 files library?

Hi, I have the x5ii (that's Mark 2, not Mark 3) and I understand your comment. Furthermore, I don't know the answer.

But... there is no limitation of files overall. There is only the limitation of tag library support. If you have arranged your files in a meaningful directory structure (I have everything by Artist, and then by Album) and I don't use the built in tag support. This works fine and there is no practical limitation.

Feb 11, 2018 at 2:22 PM Post #20 of 23
But... there is no limitation of files overall. There is only the limitation of tag library support. If you have arranged your files in a meaningful directory structure (I have everything by Artist, and then by Album) and I don't use the built in tag support. This works fine and there is no practical limitation.

Ok, thank you for the input! Yes, apparently there is no limitation any more on the Fiio (confirmed by them for X3 and X5 and by you on X2). I know that few years ago there were one on the X1 (my own experience). But with a large library come the need of a powerful enough system not to be stuck each time you do an action. So as suggest previously, the best would be to try the device. Thank you!

Feb 11, 2018 at 2:33 PM Post #21 of 23
Ok, thank you for the input! Yes, apparently there is no limitation any more on the Fiio (confirmed by them for X3 and X5 and by you on X2). I know that few years ago there were one on the X1 (my own experience). But with a large library come the need of a powerful enough system not to be stuck each time you do an action. So as suggest previously, the best would be to try the device. Thank you!

I am not sure there is no limitation. I mean if you don't care about tag management there is no problem because you can have all the directories and files you want. But if you want to see lists by album or artist or song by tags, I think there is still a limit of what the tag library database can hold. You should ask on FiiO forums and not rely on answers from cust. "service"

I did not want an Android based player so I can't advise about any of the newer units.

Feb 11, 2018 at 3:03 PM Post #23 of 23
I bit scary no? They are supposed to give you correct answers... But I will follow you advise!! :) Thanks!

Yes. The forums are slow but there are some helpful guys on there. A few factory guys hang out there. They will know more than the salesdroids :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back