Suggest New headphones to replace my broken Aviators
Jan 14, 2012 at 9:59 PM Post #16 of 27

Quote:

Its true, but a removable cable is always a plus imo, for reliability and storage,lol.

You know, you can unintentionally rippe a cable from an expensive headphone, i have already done with a 300$ headphones,lol, and its still not very expensive, imagine with ED10 or PS1000
biggrin.gif

i wonder how u pay for all that :/

Jan 14, 2012 at 10:07 PM Post #17 of 27

Quote:
i wonder how u pay for all that :/

Heuh, i haven't the ED10 or the PS1000
biggrin.gif
and i don't want them,lol.

Jan 14, 2012 at 10:13 PM Post #18 of 27

Quote:

Its true, but a removable cable is always a plus imo, for reliability and storage,lol.

You know, you can unintentionally rippe a cable from an expensive headphone, i have already done with a 300$ headphones,lol, and its still not very expensive, imagine with ED10 or PS1000
biggrin.gif

True, but have you SEEN the Skullcandy? It's absolutely pathetic. When I heard that the Aviator was pretty good, I went to check it out but immediately dismissed it after one look at that cable. Maybe I'm just spoiled by my Ultrasone. 
biggrin.gif

Jan 14, 2012 at 10:20 PM Post #19 of 27

Quote:
True, but have you SEEN the Skullcandy? It's absolutely pathetic. When I heard that the Aviator was pretty good, I went to check it out but immediately dismissed it after one look at that cable. Maybe I'm just spoiled by my Ultrasone. 
biggrin.gif

No, never used a Skullcandy headphone,lol, but i like the look of the gold aviator
biggrin.gif

The best solution is to have a soldering iron with a good cable, lol.

Jan 14, 2012 at 11:18 PM Post #21 of 27
See, but that's the thing, If I can spend close to $200, I wanna get the most of my money... I don't wanna buy a $50 set of cans when I'm willing to spend more. I wanna Spend my 200 and get the best for THAT much ya know? Which is why I've been leaning towards the hd558s

Jan 14, 2012 at 11:23 PM Post #22 of 27

Quote:
See, but that's the thing, If I can spend close to $200, I wanna get the most of my money... I don't wanna buy a $50 set of cans when I'm willing to spend more. I wanna Spend my 200 and get the best for THAT much ya know? Which is why I've been leaning towards the hd558s

Just get the HD598's and be done with it.

http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-HD-598-Headphones-Accents/dp/B0042A8CW2

$50 surplus spend you won't be regretting anytime soon. 

Jan 14, 2012 at 11:23 PM Post #23 of 27

Quote:

?? I recommended the SR850's a while ago. But yeah i know what u mean. they are good for the price but aren't perfect at all.

Since DVD Rey owns the headphones and can compare, i would say they are a good choice.
The only thing to watch out for is the Open design. they are full open and will leak. not for noisy or public enviroments.  it's a personal at home headphone. Amping any headphone over $70(more or less) is recommended on head-fi. Using this in conjunction with an E6 and L9 LOD (if you have an ipod) would be the best choice. getting CD ripped tracks is also extremely recommended. Once you amp and use that LOD. you won't be going back

Jan 15, 2012 at 11:21 AM Post #25 of 27

Quote:
Fantastic. Ok. Amp it is, for sure.

It goes like this. When u first use it, u will be like. I can hear a bit of diff. Worth $45? Thrn 2 or 3 days pass. The E6 battery runs out. U plug ur ipod in. And its like ..... U basically think about where the heck ur amp is. The difference shows after u use it for a bit. And then stop

Jan 15, 2012 at 9:43 PM Post #26 of 27

Quote:

I know exactly what you mean, but you'd be surprised how much personal preference can come into play here. I remember reading about one guy on Head-Fi that was talking about how much more he liked his AD700's ($100) than his PRO 900's ($300+). Sometimes you don't need to spend much money to get the best sound in your budget. That's our job, finding your perfect headphone so you don't have to experiment much. 
wink.gif

Jan 16, 2012 at 11:21 AM Post #27 of 27

Quote:
I remember reading about one guy on Head-Fi that was talking about how much more he liked his AD700's ($100) than his PRO 900's ($300+)

Yes its true, but its not surprising, its two completly opposite headphones, the most important thing is to know our own musical tastes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back