Suggest me a IEM for fuse+ upto $100 only for Rock/Metal genre
Sep 5, 2011 at 12:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

sampaul.p

New Head-Fier
I am planning to buy a new IEM for fuse+ and my budget is upto $100.

I am satisfied with the stock earbud's sound signature
happy19.gif
and suggest me the IEM with this same sound signature with better and clean sound.
Mostly I will be listening to Rock/Metal music genre.

Bass should be punchy/tight not boomy.
Mid should reproduce the exact distortion guitar sound without any harsh/irritation/recession.
Treble should be natural not too bright/dark.

Comfort is necessary as I will be listening continuously for hours.

Also I like to know the stock earbud's sound signature, is it Analytical/balanced/warm+sweet/Mid-Centric?

The IEM should be driven by fuse+ without any amp, will consider only if it is a huge improvement.

Sep 5, 2011 at 1:40 PM Post #2 of 18
Sony EX510 are highely recommended beacause it's offers deep punchy bass, crisp clear mids and clean highs with wide soundstage. The others IEMs like Turbine, Turbine Pearl, SE215, JVC FX500, HJE900, TF10Pro(used, highely recommended) and RE-ZERO.

Sep 5, 2011 at 2:46 PM Post #3 of 18
I enjoy my Brainwavz M1's because their sound signature matches Grado (which are best for rock)

My M1's need a FiiO E5 to sound best.
Or you can skip right to the M2's.

I'm not too sure about the higher ends, but I do know the M1's even with the E5 is a great deal.

Sep 6, 2011 at 8:42 PM Post #8 of 18
Warm & sweet can be good for ANY genre IMO; it depends entirely on the listener. Some listeners may prefer a bright signature, irrespective of the genre, while others may prefer a warm/neutral signature. I'd say, if anything, that's specific to only ones preference, and not genre. 

Sep 6, 2011 at 11:55 PM Post #9 of 18
Try Brainwavz M2s or Shure SE215

I have just finished listening half of Scorpions - Pure Instinct album with M2s and they sound really good
I listened the other half with SE215s and they also sound really great and of course better than the M2s, but they are a bit more expensive. Amazon had a great price of $80 not long ago... For that price absolutely amazing value. Highly recommended.

Sep 8, 2011 at 1:54 AM Post #11 of 18

Quote:
How about vsonic GR07, will it require amp to shine just like RE262?

They would be perfect, however they are significantly more than your 100 dollar budget.  If you want to stay under 100, then go with the Brainwavz M3...but if you want to stretch to 170, you cannot go wrong with the GR07.  They do not need to be amped at all.

Sep 8, 2011 at 2:35 AM Post #13 of 18
GR07. No.

Quote:
Thanks for the clarification, which one is better(value for price) Sony EX510 or GR07? ex510 and M3 will require amp?

Sep 8, 2011 at 2:41 AM Post #14 of 18
The M3 doesn't require an amp either...so either of them would be great...just depends how much you'd want to spend.  100 bucks, go M3...170, go GR07.  Both are ridiculously good for their price points.

Sep 8, 2011 at 8:00 AM Post #15 of 18
If you can afford to go the difference in price to the GR07 I agree with Dbdynsty25, they would be perfect and we'll worth the extra cash.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back