Subtonic STORM: Impressions and Discussion
Apr 24, 2024 at 2:32 PM Post #946 of 981
100%. Cards on the table, I'm not really really swayed by aesthetics unless it's choosing a custom but I've never really given Storm a second thought for looks, it's not really why I'm in this hobby...

Edit : can you squiggly science guys move the chat to the appropriate channel as its getting a bit old in the tooth now. If you want to talk a out FR graphs etc and theory then there's a place for that. If it's specific to Storm, then be my guest.

Last edited:
Apr 24, 2024 at 2:36 PM Post #947 of 981
For me personally, I'm not terribly enamored with either design, so apathy in equal parts here. But I did find the entire faceplate debate funny as all heck. :smile:

Apr 24, 2024 at 4:04 PM Post #948 of 981
Joe, have you had the opportunity to listen to STORM yet?

Last edited by a moderator:
Apr 24, 2024 at 4:35 PM Post #949 of 981
Silver lining...Storm thread must be top of the new posts page constantly right now! Nothing quite like a bit of free promotion. :gs1000smile: :beerchug:

Apr 24, 2024 at 6:37 PM Post #951 of 981
@jude, can we give everyone a badge for the biggest thread derail in head-fi history..?

Apr 24, 2024 at 7:03 PM Post #952 of 981
@jude, can we give everyone a badge for the biggest thread derail in head-fi history..?
I think biggest threads derail was that of MDR-Z1R. I think original thread was shut down at the end

Apr 24, 2024 at 8:19 PM Post #953 of 981
HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Apr 24, 2024 at 8:34 PM Post #955 of 981
What did you think of it?

From memory Joe said it had no dynamics off Shanling M9 Plus, but was better on HiBy RS6. I'll leave him to answer more.

Apr 24, 2024 at 8:42 PM Post #956 of 981
From memory Joe said it had no dynamics off Shanling M9 Plus, but was better on HiBy RS6. I'll leave him to answer more.

Interesting, I feel like Storm sounds even plenty dynamic from the iPhone dongle (sacrilege I know), but I don't have portable DAP right now.

However, this is all I need for now <3

IMG_9971.JPG

Apr 24, 2024 at 10:29 PM Post #957 of 981
As a rep of another manufacturer I don't think I will 🫠 I will say that I was in a pretty graph free state of mind that day, listened to earpieces on random music before reading or watching anything about them, and wanted to be impassioned by whatever met the ear like any good old audiophile without any controls. And the results seem to show that I might have been a basshead in another life 🙉

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Apr 24, 2024 at 10:38 PM Post #958 of 981
Interesting, I feel like Storm sounds even plenty dynamic from the iPhone dongle (sacrilege I know), but I don't have portable DAP right now.

However, this is all I need for now <3

IMG_9971.JPG
From 3 of daps ( wm1am2, n30le, and rs8 ), i prefer my storm when pairing with wm1am2 ( volume about 80 high gain ). I will try it with apple dongle, who knows i like it more than wm1am2. 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

Apr 24, 2024 at 10:44 PM Post #959 of 981
Last edited:
Apr 24, 2024 at 11:58 PM Post #960 of 981
As a rep of another manufacturer I don't think I will 🫠 I will say that I was in a pretty graph free state of mind that day, listened to earpieces on random music before reading or watching anything about them, and wanted to be impassioned by whatever met the ear like any good old audiophile without any controls. And the results seem to show that I might have been a basshead in another life 🙉
As a basshead, I will have to say being a basshead is the supreme choice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back