Sub bass iem under $300
Mar 1, 2022 at 9:21 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

joe221966

New Head-Fier
Can you guys recommend sub bass iem under $300?

The store told me that ikko oh10 sub bass is better than bgvp ns9.

Recently, I have also considered nakamichi mv500. Give me some suggestions. Thanks🙏

Mar 1, 2022 at 4:02 PM Post #3 of 7
I don't like hybrids but the FHE is intriguing to me, especially because it looks like they fixed the mids. Since I'm really into single DD designs, I'm running the FD5 with EQ to fix the mids. If there's a single DD that can outperform the FD5 in bass and avoid the wonky V-shape, I'd love to hear about them.

Mar 1, 2022 at 4:48 PM Post #4 of 7
Can you guys recommend sub bass iem under $300?

The store told me that ikko oh10 sub bass is better than bgvp ns9.

Recently, I have also considered nakamichi mv500. Give me some suggestions. Thanks🙏
I have the Ikko OH10, and yes the sub-bass is great. The overall sound of the OH10 is V-shaped, and I love everything about it, including a pretty wide sound-stage. I've bought and sold the FH5, KATO, Blessing2 (not Dusk), and Oracle, all which are very nice, but too mid-centric for my tastes -- the OH10 has remained. The only 2 things I can complain about the OH10 is the pretty lame cable (I've replaced it with a couple of other nicer, thicker cables), and that at loud volumes, it can sound a little congested -- mostly because it is so dynamic sounding and not laid back.

Apr 23, 2022 at 3:15 PM Post #6 of 7
I would recommend Ikko OH10. It's priced reasonably. The tuning is certainly a crowd pleaser. The bass can be a bit overwhelming for OST or game music.
The only issue I had with it is the weight and the factory cable. The combination of both makes it really hard to untangle the cable.

Apr 24, 2022 at 12:11 AM Post #7 of 7
I have a mixed recommendation for the Sennheiser IE300.

Pluses: LOTS of bass that doesn't get in the way of anything above it.
Wonderful clarity.
Virtually weightless.

Minus: the cable is super microphonic and although Senn calls it MMCX it is proprietary. Not for use if you are walking/running/exercising.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back