Sub-bass IEM list
Jul 6, 2021 at 3:58 PM Post #47 of 59
EE Hero

Jul 6, 2021 at 4:07 PM Post #48 of 59
EE Bravado MK2

Jul 6, 2021 at 4:16 PM Post #49 of 59
DHC doesn't make any SPC (Silver Plated Copper) cables.

Aren't they the Symbiote SP V3 OCC Silver 8 wire?

Yep, Not spc
IMG_20210707_001423.jpg

Jul 13, 2021 at 5:26 AM Post #52 of 59
Hi there, it's been a while since we had a sub-bass IEM thread. Please post your favorite sub-bass oriented IEMs or earbuds! I've heard the mh-755 which immediately got me hooked, and the frequency response of those actually extend higher into 20hz rather than rolling off. Please post others!
Empire Ears Nemesis has a very generous sub bass but doesn't bloat with the neighbouring higher frequencies - so its not boomy.

It was designed by EE with a famous touring drummer. Drummers need to hear bass guitar and the sub 'air push' of their own kick drum to lock into the groove. Nemesis is also extended in the high mids. (good for hi hat, cymbals and snare timing detail)

Both the sub extension and boosted high mids suit my age and (music / recording studio) career related hearing loss.

If you are often wanting more high mids and sub (but don't want to suffer wooly / bloat of boom in the 100hz-200hz range) - this is the IEM for you.

Last edited:
Mar 24, 2022 at 8:15 AM Post #54 of 59
EE Legend & Monarch mk1

Mar 24, 2022 at 3:20 PM Post #55 of 59
Aroma audio Duet

Mar 30, 2022 at 12:54 AM Post #56 of 59
From personal experience:
Obravo Cupids(they have qc issues, I have two pairs and both came up with issues)
EE Bravado MKi
Oriolus Mellianus(probably has the best sound signature I have ever heard among iems although I have not heard much but is my favorite pair of monitors till date)
In Ear Prophile 8(this even has a bass switch which boosts the bass and sub bass frequencies by 4db or so and it's still tight and impactful and stays in it's place)
Pears SH3(just 3 BAs but it's astounding how good this iem is on all levels and my second favorite pair of monitors. The sub-bass and bass is attenuated a bit as compared to the other frequency range but the sub bass hits hard whenever the song calls for it)
Pears SH2(sub bass is amazing on this)
Oriolus MKII(has good sub bass and bass although not as tight and quick but it still sounds so good)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back