Sub $800 AMP/DAC for LCD2
Jan 9, 2014 at 10:32 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

alex8337

New Head-Fier
Hi everyone,

I'm waiting for some LCD2's to arrive and was wondering what would be a good AMP and DAC or AMP+DAC combo for it. I currently have a Fiio X3 but I don't think it'll do the job properly. Either SS or Tube but I'm leaning more towards SS because I don't want it to sound too warm. Soundstage is fairly important to me too.

I'd love the Burson Conductor SL1793 but $1,250 is just a bit too much of a hit to my wallet.
or a Schiit combo Bifrost DAC USB Gen 2 with the Asgard 2 AMP

What are your thoughts?

Jan 10, 2014 at 6:14 PM Post #2 of 11
The Violectric V100 is a very good sounding amp and works very well with the LCD2.

http://digitalaudiodirections.blogspot.com/2013/12/your-first-and-last-headphone-amp.html

Jan 11, 2014 at 9:26 AM Post #6 of 11
Schiit Mjolnir is one of the best amps you can get and it is under $800. I think it is universally acclaimed with he LCD-2s (I had this setup). 
Find a Saber chip DAC, and you should be good to go.

Jan 12, 2014 at 7:31 AM Post #7 of 11
I've ordered the Firestone audio Bobby AMP and Tobby DAC because of the sale at wickeddigital.com.au.
I shot a few emails off at the website asking if there where any additional discounts for ordering both the AMP and DAC and I was replied to with a very rude and abrupt email about them being at cost price already. After a bit of research and confirming that they where priced well below retail, I pulled the trigger and purchased them.

I'd like to thank everyone for their input, I appreciate it and did consider your recommendations.
If I hadn't have stumbled over wickeddigital.com.au, I would have probably ended up buying a Schiit Mjolnir.

Jan 17, 2014 at 1:04 PM Post #8 of 11
How did  the Bobby amd and Tobby dac work out for youi think about buying them myself. 
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 17, 2014 at 7:02 PM Post #9 of 11
Schiit and AudioGD.  The design philosophies for the price sets these two apart.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back