Sub $100AUD amp/DAC for DT770s (80 Ohm)?
Nov 23, 2012 at 4:27 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Dabboo

New Head-Fier
I'm currently looking at the E10 or E11. I will be listening at my desktop on my DT770s.

Also if a portable amp is recommended then I'll probably also use it for my iPod Nano 4G/Philips SHE3580s. However, this is by no means necessary and I don't explicitly need a portable amp, a desktop amp/DAC is fine.

The E10 I've heard some complaints about delay an unbalanced sound. (Is this true?)

The store I'm looking to buy it from is here. What would you recommend?

Also if there's a better amp/DAC for under $100AUD from an aussie retailer please do let me know.

Nov 23, 2012 at 7:43 PM Post #2 of 6
Are you using a Desktop pc or a laptop? the E10 is a good amp, but a soundcard (such as the xonar dg) is an alternative. 

Nov 23, 2012 at 8:11 PM Post #3 of 6
I'm on a desktop PC. Another user on Reddit suggested I save another $30 or so and go for the E17 which seems to fufill the desktop and portable aspects as well as being a very good amp/DAC, is this true?

If so I'll probably go with the E17 and is there any use in getting a Xonar DG and pairing it with an E17 or will that not really have any effect on the music?

Cheers, Dave.

Nov 23, 2012 at 8:36 PM Post #4 of 6
I would say to get the Xonar DG and plug the DT770 Pro 80-Ohm straight into the DG.

The Fiio E11 with a Fiio L cable could be used with the iPod (with the DT770) if need (or just wanted).

Nov 23, 2012 at 8:48 PM Post #5 of 6
If you plan to use it on the go, the E17 is good and it shouldn't have problems driving an 80ohm headphone. 

You dont need the DG if you buy the Fiio..as it already have a Dac. 

Nov 23, 2012 at 8:52 PM Post #6 of 6
I would say to get the Xonar DG and plug the DT770 Pro 80-Ohm straight into the DG.

The Fiio E11 with a Fiio L cable could be used with the iPod (with the DT770) if need (or just wanted).

Probably not at all necessary as I'd barely ever use it portably, it's going to be used as a desktop amp 95% of the time and I'd rather have 1 device for all purposes.

Quote:
If you plan to use it on the go, the E17 is good and it shouldn't have problems driving an 80ohm headphone. 

You dont need the DG if you buy the Fiio..as it already have a Dac. 

Yeah that's what I was thinking, E17 it is! Thank you for the advice!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back