stupid question from a newb stax or beyer?
Jul 12, 2007 at 6:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

onyu

100+ Head-Fier
hi,

discovered this wonderful forum 2 weeks ago while i was searching for animegirls with headphones ^_^

been reading a lot since then and now i want to buy myself a decent headphone
i want to spend max 500€ (689.284 USD)
i was planning to get a beyer dt880 and corda move amp but now i found for 500€ a stax lambda nova signature with SRM-T1S amplifier

is that stax worth 500?

thanks in advance

Jul 12, 2007 at 7:21 PM Post #3 of 19
I would pick the Stax over a Beyer as well.
€500 for a Lambda Nova Signature and SRM-T1S looks like a pretty good deal to me. I don't know the actual system in person, but the current SRS-4040 system is almost identical and can be had new for €780 (from PriceJapan). Should give you an indication of its value...

By the way; Welcome to Head-Fi!
lambda.gif

Jul 13, 2007 at 1:24 AM Post #4 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duggeh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'd pick the stax personally.

Like Duggeh, I am an electrostatic listener and I'd agree that at that price you would find it a terrific investment. You'd even have the option - later - of some relatively cost effective upgrades to the SRM-T1S amp if you wanted (i.e. tube rolling, improved wiring, etc).

Jul 13, 2007 at 2:03 AM Post #6 of 19
Oh wow, sorry about your wallet! So you were searching for pictures of anime girls with headphones, you found head-fi, and now, you are considering a nice pair of electrostatics for ~$700?!

Ouch! Once again sorry about your wallet! Though still not as bad as bootleg, I don't think
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 13, 2007 at 2:06 AM Post #7 of 19
Do you have any idea the kind of cheesecake anime-girls-wearing-headphones artwork you could comission for 500€?!

Jul 13, 2007 at 2:32 AM Post #8 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by ericj /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do you have any idea the kind of cheesecake anime-girls-wearing-headphones artwork you could comission for 500€?!

No kidding. Considering the results I got for only 75 euros, I can only imagine what you'd get for 500.
eek.gif

Jul 13, 2007 at 5:01 AM Post #9 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by ericj /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So who's going to take one for the team?

OP, this imageboard will be relevant to your interests (asuming you haven't already found it).

Jul 13, 2007 at 5:14 AM Post #10 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by Carl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So who's going to take one for the team?

OP, this imageboard will be relevant to your interests (asuming you haven't already found it).

Holy Headphones batman, thats an awesome site!!! Its even divided by brands! But no Grado or Beyer love?
frown.gif

Jul 13, 2007 at 5:23 AM Post #11 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by Carl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's a decent price for a Nova Sig and a T1S.

Heh. That was the first bid for it
tongue.gif
I'm watching, but can't afford.
frown.gif

Jul 13, 2007 at 5:24 AM Post #12 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by reorx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Holy Headphones batman, thats an awesome site!!! Its even divided by brands! But no Grado or Beyer love?
frown.gif

They're there, there just isn't enough of them to warrent a catagory of their own.

Jul 13, 2007 at 5:35 AM Post #13 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by onyu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hi,

discovered this wonderful forum 2 weeks ago while i was searching for animegirls with headphones ^_^

^_^

Classic! That was too funny.

Jul 13, 2007 at 5:39 AM Post #14 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by onyu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hi,

been reading a lot since then and now i want to buy myself a decent headphone
i want to spend max 500€ (689.284 USD)
i was planning to get a beyer dt880 and corda move amp but now i found for 500€ a stax lambda nova signature with SRM-T1S amplifier

is that stax worth 500?

thanks in advance

Wow, what a tragic event. I feel really bad for you that you bumped into this place by accident, and that you are now willing to spend 500 on a system. Run away as fast as you can!

Anyway, go Stax, they are uglier
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back