Stupid Apple Shuffle
Mar 16, 2009 at 7:18 PM Post #16 of 23
I heard etymotics and some other companies are already making some aftermarket 'phones for the shuffle (with those handy controls)... still.. with all these add-ons you have to buy, its not saving you too much money

Mar 16, 2009 at 7:19 PM Post #17 of 23
Expecting to see a decent DIY community for turning the standard buds into the control cable.

Me? Staying the heck away from that thing. Swearing off of Apple products, this is the last straw in a long string of annoyances.

Mar 16, 2009 at 7:32 PM Post #18 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gberg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I heard etymotics and some other companies are already making some aftermarket 'phones for the shuffle (with those handy controls)... still.. with all these add-ons you have to buy, its not saving you too much money

Not saving you money from where? The shuffle costs £59 which, if not worlds more expensive than similar capacity flash players, is hardly a screaming bargain.

Mar 16, 2009 at 7:53 PM Post #19 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by Samgotit /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Agree, the stormtroopoing, slobbering morons will march right off the end of the cliff for it.
smily_headphones1.gif

This is in the wrong forum, goofy OP.

Ooooo!!! Just like the Pied Piper!!!'
Like rats off the cliff right into the water!!!
What an evil plot!!!
very_evil_smiley.gif

wink.gif

Mar 16, 2009 at 10:49 PM Post #20 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dzjudz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just thought this was very quotable
evil_smiley.gif
biggrin.gif

I stand tall and proud with my bad spewling and gramear.
wink.gif
I'll try and be more carefull in the future though.

Mar 17, 2009 at 12:26 AM Post #22 of 23
Frankly, I wouldn't want to use a nice pair of buds if I got a shuffle, I'd spend all my time worrying about them getting broken while playing basketball or something, and I'm sure there are plenty of other head-fiers who feel the same way, so I don't think this is really a fail at all, especially since the nano is damn small already and is good for other headphones. Besides, I don't think I'd notice much of a change in SQ anyway, and its important to be able to hear whats going on when you're playing ball at the Y or something. Not to mention the fact that this means if you break your buds you're even more likely to buy new ones from Apple making them even MORE money, good (although greedy) planning!

Mar 17, 2009 at 12:46 AM Post #23 of 23
Umm isnt the control pod on the right side of the cable, after the split? Just to annoy us and make it harder to add our own socket after the contol pod. grr

Not that I intend to get one anyhow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back