Studio mixing & mastering... need help with good headphones
Jul 23, 2012 at 8:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

scalon

New Head-Fier
Hello everyone... 

I'm new here and I have a question.  I work on projects in a home studio and have never really used headphones for mastering, just monitors.  I use JBL8330 for studio monitors.  They usually reproduce every bad sound that needs fixed.  I'm trying to find some headphones to do the same thing.  I'm on a real tight budget right now of about $200 (the lesser the better).  I'm looking for a temporary set of headphones that will do the magic if they exist for under $200.  I'd like to start using headphones with the mix and mastering as well.  What should I get?  I've heard so many from sony, to shure, to akg, to whatever lol.  I am not a huge fan on name brands because of "popularity", I just want phones that deliver the goods like they should.  I've researched this site and there's so much info, but an investment like that I would like some opinions on overall good phones for the whole process from recording to mixing to mastering.

Thanks! :)

Jul 23, 2012 at 8:26 PM Post #2 of 2
Quote:
Hello everyone... 

I'm new here and I have a question.  I work on projects in a home studio and have never really used headphones for mastering, just monitors.  I use JBL8330 for studio monitors.  They usually reproduce every bad sound that needs fixed.  I'm trying to find some headphones to do the same thing.  I'm on a real tight budget right now of about $200 (the lesser the better).  I'm looking for a temporary set of headphones that will do the magic if they exist for under $200.  I'd like to start using headphones with the mix and mastering as well.  What should I get?  I've heard so many from sony, to shure, to akg, to whatever lol.  I am not a huge fan on name brands because of "popularity", I just want phones that deliver the goods like they should.  I've researched this site and there's so much info, but an investment like that I would like some opinions on overall good phones for the whole process from recording to mixing to mastering.

Thanks! :)

For under $200, get the FA-003 or a rebranded version of the FA-003.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back