1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Streamer recommendations and streamer Vs. PC

Discussion in 'Computer Audio' started by smodtactical, Nov 15, 2018.
  1. smodtactical
    Would like to bring some modern 2018 discussion of streamers vs pc. With high end gear and high end dacs is there something to gain from streamers vs a traditional desktop with a good usb cable? Can people share their experiences between the two?

Also: ----------

Right now im using wasapi flacs on foobar2000 -> ifi usb cable into a ipurifier 2.0 into terminator -> he9. I want to get the most out of my chain as possible. So I'm looking at getting a streamer/music server to isolate and optimize audio and get more out of my components.

I am looking at the SOTM 200 ultra but wants to get more recommendations. Willing to spend 2-3k if its justified purely for audio performance.

Some streamers here i looked at:

https://www.whathifi.com/best-buys/...eamers#section-best-music-streamer-under-1000

Ideally want to get something end game for my budget. Are these pricey naim devices worth it?

Thanks!

Last edited: Nov 18, 2018
  2. smodtactical
  3. smodtactical
    added to the post a question about pc vs streamers... theres been older threads but id like updated thoughts please