Streamer recommendations and streamer Vs. PC
Jan 7, 2019 at 11:36 PM Post #16 of 16
I'd say you need to define it by a few categories, to help narrow down the many options out there.

1) Price. Obviously. You mentioned a general range but if you could find something that did what you want for half that, would you be satisfied? Or would you feel the urge to "upgrade" later? Just something to think about.

2) Controls. Do you want to use a tablet/phone/laptop to interact with the player, or do you want front panel controls? There aren't as many options in the latter category but still a few solid choices.

3) Built in DAC or separate component? I figure you want to stick with your Terminator but just something to consider, some folks like the all-in-one approach when it is done to a high enough level (Aurender A10, Lumin, Naim, etc).

4) Does form factor matter to you? I know a few people who can't handle the SOtM models because they "won't look right" in the audio rack. I personally think that's weird but whatever, it's their system....

Answer these questions and it will really help narrow down the numerous options available to you. For what it's worth, I definitely think there is much to be gained in a really serious system by getting the general-purpose PC or Mac out of there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back