Stolen headphones, hope you enjoy them jerk
Aug 18, 2010 at 2:13 PM Post #62 of 90
Sorry man :frowning2:

I take the train/bus every day.  I never put my pack next to me, for two reasons - one, it's rude since it's taking up a seat and Chicago is busy and packed.  And two, for this reason.  I always hold it on my lap or clenched in between my legs/feet.  Sucks man :frowning2:

I always have my Shure 530's, a portable amp, my Macbook Pro i7, and sometimes an ipod in my bag - I hold onto it for dear life.  If that got stolen, there's at least $3500 worth of stuff.

Aug 18, 2010 at 4:17 PM Post #64 of 90

Quote:

Armed threatening, much better! It's like ppl who shoot unarmed burglars.

I edited my post to make it clear I'm not actually advising anyone to engage in criminal activity themselves.  I think it's pretty sad that you care more about what happens to criminals than peoples rights to stand up for themselves though. That said, I 'm sorry for the original posters loss and I'm done discussing such matters on this forum.

Aug 18, 2010 at 4:43 PM Post #65 of 90

Quote:

Armed threatening, much better! It's like ppl who shoot unarmed burglars.

Personally I don't see anything wrong with that. I don't own any guns, but if I catch someone breaking into my house, he's not walking away.

And rather than a concealed weapon or "fake gun" in the bus scenario, I think some really strong pepper stray or a tazer is better.

Aug 18, 2010 at 4:46 PM Post #67 of 90

Quote:
I edited my post to make it clear I'm not actually advising anyone to engage in criminal activity themselves.  I think it's pretty sad that you care more about what happens to criminals than peoples rights to stand up for themselves though. That said, I 'm sorry for the original posters loss and I'm done discussing such matters on this forum.

I have this odd lingering feeling you are a conservative? 
biggrin.gif

Aug 18, 2010 at 5:58 PM Post #69 of 90

Quote:
I'm pretty liberal, but no way am I letting someone get away with my stuff if I can help it!

A liberal with common sense? You should run for Senate!
(Just kidding I hate you tree hugging, deficit spending, Obama voting bastards!)
((Just kidding again, don't ban me from this site...))

Aug 18, 2010 at 6:09 PM Post #70 of 90

Personally I don't see anything wrong with that. I don't own any guns, but if I catch someone breaking into my house, he's not walking away.

I'm quite sure that killing an unarmed burglar will send you to jail. There's a violation of private property, but we're not in the middle age anymore..you can't just shoot trespassers down. I'm from Europe and all these ppl packing sound a bit scary because I'm sure many of them must really regret their short temper. Hell, if I had a gun I would have prolly shot down a few ppl myself hah.

Aug 18, 2010 at 6:29 PM Post #71 of 90

Quote:

I'm quite sure that killing an unarmed burglar will send you to jail. There's a violation of private property, but we're not in the middle age anymore..you can't just shoot trespassers down. I'm from Europe and all these ppl packing sound a bit scary because I'm sure many of them must really regret their short temper. Hell, if I had a gun I would have prolly shot down a few ppl myself hah.

Uhm, in some states you can shoot anyone who breaks into your home. As long as it is not in the back.

Aug 18, 2010 at 6:40 PM Post #72 of 90
Yeah, as long as you don't shoot them in the back, it's still considered self-defense, at least in my state. But since I don't have a gun, I'll probably bludgeon them over the head with something.

Aug 18, 2010 at 7:10 PM Post #74 of 90
Ahhh! I'm very sorry that they were stolen from you, especially since I'm the one that sold you those headphones!

Hope you find a suitable replacement for them... =/

Aug 20, 2010 at 3:10 PM Post #75 of 90
Update!!, Henrico PD found my backpack!

As I expected, no headphones. Sigh...

They pulled a car over and the driver had my backpack. A few bits of papers in there confirmed it was mine, and I got it back, mostly empty. So no cans, nothing of value, BUT, I'm happy to see the local police doing their job. I'm still bummed, though they did say they would search for my cans (I'm not hoping for too much).

Many thanks for the support. I understand these things happen, and next time, I'll be more safe.

Cheers Head-Fi!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back