Steve Earle - Jerusalem
Jan 14, 2003 at 5:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

kpfeifle

100+ Head-Fier
Hello All:

Just picked this up based on the duel reviews in the new TAS (Golden Ear Awards). Wow!
Hard driving rock with very intelligent lyrics. This is an excellent album (and sounds great with headphones). You should all get this…now, you can thank me later.

Jan 14, 2003 at 5:13 PM Post #2 of 6
That's funny. I just bought this CD on Saturday. I had to return it on Sunday for a replacement. Instead of the Jerusalem CD, when I opened the sealed package there was an AOL CD in there instead
mad.gif

But all is well, Border's exchanged it on Sunday and I have to agree that this is right up there with El Corazon and Transcendental Blues. Highly recommended.

P.S. It is also HDCD.

Jan 15, 2003 at 2:04 PM Post #4 of 6
Rickfri:

It's interesting that you say that. Some of the reviews I have read say that Jerusalem is the album Bruce Should have made. I think that's a little harsh, as I do enjoy "The Rising", but I think Steave Earle's work is more powerful.

Jan 15, 2003 at 7:37 PM Post #6 of 6
I've been enjoying this album for a couple months now. When I first listened to it I was really suprised by the darkness and cynicism of the lyrics. I was really taken back with the album as I hear it as a major departure topically from Trancendental Blues.
As for it being the album that Bruce Should have made, I think that the album is risky for a pop musician. While Steve Earle addressed some excellent topics lyrically with great emotion and compassion, other popular artists are not encouraged or allowed to take similar risks witht their music. While I would have loved to hear Bruce's take on the songs, I think only Steve Earle can do them justice.
My $0.02
bobes

Users who are viewing this thread

Back