Stereophile September - Hornet - Rave Review by Sam Tellig
Sep 20, 2006 at 3:13 PM Post #61 of 71
Of course, if you were so miserable as to ever think that it weren't your best $350 ever spent, it's the 350 hour burn in all you would've needed to change your mind, and you must only blame yourself.

It's the golden rule -- 1 hour of burn in per dollar.
biggrin.gif

Sep 20, 2006 at 4:38 PM Post #62 of 71
Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrea
Of course, if you were so miserable as to ever think that it weren't your best $350 ever spent, it's the 350 hour burn in all you would've needed to change your mind, and you must only blame yourself.

It's the golden rule -- 1 hour of burn in per dollar.
biggrin.gif

Ahhh - interesting theorem. The Hornet proof doesn't hold true as a global formula. Portaphile (Maxxed) @ $245 also needs 350 hours = $0.70/hour "burn" [or 1.42857142857 hours/$1).

We'll have to continue our research as a group and refine our logic and proofs until we arrive at an agreed-upon universal rule of thumb (in ear -- or whatever).

Hopefully the music will be good enough so that we'll forget about the research -- and the rules.

Sep 20, 2006 at 4:45 PM Post #63 of 71
RAY --

In the name of lightness of spirit and general good will, here's a tasty toast for good cheer and good health to you and your family -- and to all here at Head-Fi!

(Not a plug for Fuller's ESB … it's just my current favorite liquid indulgence.)

FullersESB_091506_5w_3022.jpg

Sep 20, 2006 at 4:57 PM Post #64 of 71
Romanee, you're making me thirsty and it's only 10am here in CA... it must be 5:00 o'clock somwhere though right
wink.gif

Cheers Ray... looking forward to meeting you and all the other greats in April.

Sep 20, 2006 at 5:31 PM Post #65 of 71
Quote:

Originally Posted by wakeride74
Romanee, you're making me thirsty and it's only 10am here in CA... it must be 5:00 o'clock somwhere though right
wink.gif

I'm really happy with the way this shot came out -- it even makes me thirsty! The ESB is super - and has a huge, tasty finish (it was great with that aged Reggiano in the pic -- sacrilege! I cut it in thin slices.).

Sep 20, 2006 at 5:54 PM Post #66 of 71
Quote:

Originally Posted by Romanee
Ahhh - interesting theorem. The Hornet proof doesn't hold true as a global formula. Portaphile (Maxxed) @ $245 also needs 350 hours = $0.70/hour "burn" [or 1.42857142857 hours/$1).

That must be proof that the Portaphile is a higher value for money.
biggrin.gif

Sep 20, 2006 at 6:11 PM Post #67 of 71
Quote:

Originally Posted by wakeride74
wink.gif

It's beer thirty somewhere in the world.

Sep 20, 2006 at 6:23 PM Post #68 of 71
Quote:

Originally Posted by tyrion
It's beer thirty somewhere in the world.

Yup, my BAC is dangerously low!

Andrea - that would be true if in the end the amps sounded the same, which they dont.
tongue.gif

Sep 20, 2006 at 6:37 PM Post #70 of 71
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick Christy
Romanee,

You're a man of fine tastes !

Beer thirty it is!

I'm off to the pub.

Nick

Ahh. I'm tasting a cold Fuller's (tonite of course) - in my mind's eye/mental tastebuds, and grooving to "M" Hornet/iPod/DT880-2005 > Bela Fleck & The Flecktones "Three Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest". Fast, slammin'-jammin' energy. Rockin'/Jazzin' me through the work day with a smile.

Cheers from the other Soho - in the Big Apple.

Sep 21, 2006 at 12:37 AM Post #71 of 71
Quote:

Originally Posted by Romanee
RAY --

In the name of lightness of spirit and general good will, here's a tasty toast for good cheer and good health to you and your family -- and to all here at Head-Fi!

(Not a plug for Fuller's ESB … it's just my current favorite liquid indulgence.)

FullersESB_091506_5w_3022.jpg

Excellent photo Romanee. I love a cold London Pride, myself, and that pic has me awfully thirsty. I am about to settle multiple patent cases in Japan in the US and then take off for a 4-day "boys weekend" with buddies. I just might have to find some Fuller's on the way home to start it off right!

198FullersLondonPride.jpg

Cheers!
th_13_4_9.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back