Step up from the Monolith m350
Apr 15, 2021 at 10:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Dawnrazor

500+ Head-Fier
I went through the monoprice planars and heavily modded some 1060s and M1060cs. At that time I bought some m350 in ears. I didn't use them that much but thought they were ok. I ended up getting the Ultrasone Edition 11 and the SIg Pro. I dig those and really my #1 desire is soundstage and imaging, and particularly width. The Ultrasones are keepers. ( I had tried the pretty ones that are the black swans and the Pro Planars that are red...sorry but I forget the names ok one is Sendy Aiva and the other Not sure. They make mics...Sendy had flea sized images and the Avantone just killed my head and was unbearable)

BUT. I listen to headphones mostly when working at home. Now have a stand up desk and recently added a treadmill so I can walk and work at the same time. The Ultrasone cans now become sweaty like any can would walking for hours. Having no hair its kind of an issue.

So I have been using the M350s since the sweat is not an issue and on my big rig they are fantastic.

But I want more. What would be a step up, especially in terms of soundstage? I was looking at the usual suspects and am considering the Shure SE846, Senn IE800, Audeeze Euclid, Final 4000. Are there ones I am missing? Or something that isnt an in ear or an over ear that wont be a sweat monster?

I have the sure se215 and the monoprice is way better. But the 846 is supposed to have real bass and well I dig bass for sure.

Definitely don't want some lifeless FLAT sound.

Help

Users who are viewing this thread

Back