::::Steggy's 2nd roundup review, featuring 10 Headsets and Headphones::::
Apr 30, 2010 at 7:24 PM Post #31 of 35
AD700 is a nice all around headphone IF you haven't heard great bass headphone much. I'm not a basshead by any mean but AD700 is definitely and seriously lacking bass. It makes the recordings don't sound right. A good example is Boyz II Men songs where bass vocal and low bass notes and kick drum almost disappear.

The bright side of AD700 is its bright high, female vocal and clarity. But those positives are only showed off when I plug it in my Gamma-2. Straightly out of my iPhone 3GS it's totally a joke since the high is rolled off abd in combination with lacking bass it does sounds so tinned.

May 4, 2010 at 6:42 PM Post #33 of 35
Hi, Dont mean to hijack but...Looking at getting a pair of HD 595s from a friend locally and was wondering what options I have to make them work for console gaming. I have a jerry rig setup with Y-splitters that works for sound but chat is hard to hear. I know about the Astro mix-amp and the Tritton Amp. But are there any other options? Not really sure I want to shell out $130 bucks for the mixamp if it only works with the console and not as a good music amp from my PC as well. And I would have to buy the whole setup from Tritton and have a useless headset laying around.

So are there other options than the Mix-Amp and the Tritton?
I would like an amp of some kind that would also work well with my PC for good audio use, anything like this available??

Jul 4, 2010 at 5:04 PM Post #34 of 35
Hy Drawn,

There are a few different options you could go with. The mixamp is the priciest one, but with it you get virtual 5.1 surroudn sound and the ability to balance game and voice sound. Then you have the Tritton Ax720 one but it's the same price and like you said, comes with the ax720, and the decoder unit they have doesn't have as many features. After that you have the Turtle Beach DSS, which gives you virtual 5.1 surround sound, but doesn't currently have an option for game/chat balancing. Steelseries has a device right now that just lets you use PC headsets on your xbox, but has none of the features that the other units have above, but it's also the cheapest price. However, Steelseries is coming out with an audio mixer which is basically an upgrade to the 360 adapter, the only addition it adds is chat/game balancing. However if you have that device, you could decide to upgrade in the future by getting the Turtle Beach DSS and then have pretty much the same features as the Astro Mixamp, though depending on how the SS audio mixer is priced, you might end up spending almost just as much...

Sep 20, 2010 at 9:07 AM Post #35 of 35
New member here! Congratulation on your review man, it was very useful for gathering some info on the Siberia V2 headphones, which I purchased recently but I'll have to wait quite some time until it's delivered at home.

edit: by the way, did you use your Siberia V2 hooked to some kind of amp? Or did you just plug it directly to your sound source, using the USB sound card?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back