Stax SRD-6 - Spare or alternative transformers
Mar 6, 2012 at 10:43 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

brerabit

New Head-Fier
I have an old pair of 'New-SR3' Stax Earspeakers and an SRD-6 Energizer missing one transformer. Does anyone know where I can get either a replacement Stax transformer or alternatively a pair of suitable replacement transformers? So far I've had no luck with Stax dealers in the UK.

Mar 6, 2012 at 1:17 PM Post #2 of 4
I am pretty sure you will not be able to find spares for such old "energizer". Replacement is problematic - SRD-5 (little older than SRD-6) has winding ratio 1:50.
I would recommend buying another energizer or some electrostatic amplifier.
I myself made electrostatic amplifier for SR-3New and I think that it was good choice.

Mar 6, 2012 at 6:06 PM Post #3 of 4

Quote:
I have an old pair of 'New-SR3' Stax Earspeakers and an SRD-6 Energizer missing one transformer. Does anyone know where I can get either a replacement Stax transformer or alternatively a pair of suitable replacement transformers? So far I've had no luck with Stax dealers in the UK.

Look for an SRD-7 (either the version with a Pro and a normal bias output (5 and 6 pins respectively), or the version that only has the unlabelled normal bias (6 pin) outputs). See Ebay. Toss the SRD-6, unless you can find another one with only 1 transformer. I guess someone pulled a transformer to repair one that was broken?)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back