Stax SR-X9000
Nov 28, 2021 at 3:32 PM Post #421 of 2,979
I placed my order on September 17th on the X9k (2nd or 3rd day it was available online) and still have no idea when mine will be shipped, but probably also sometine in 2022. Disappointed to say the least. Its not like I waited weeks for the first reviews.. I jumped and took the risk, but was not fast enough. Could've been if there was ANY hint such waiting would take place. Im seriously considering selling it - actually, selling the right to be prior in line to anyone buying it now. I bought a used mjolnir carbon to go with it and had it shipped to my friend in CT, USA (I live in Brazil and was waiting for the x9 to be shipped so my friend could send both to me at once).

Nov 28, 2021 at 3:51 PM Post #422 of 2,979
I placed my order on September 17th on the X9k (2nd or 3rd day it was available online) and still have no idea when mine will be shipped, but probably also sometine in 2022. Disappointed to say the least. Its not like I waited weeks for the first reviews.. I jumped and took the risk, but was not fast enough. Could've been if there was ANY hint such waiting would take place. Im seriously considering selling it - actually, selling the right to be prior in line to anyone buying it now. I bought a used mjolnir carbon to go with it and had it shipped to my friend in CT, USA (I live in Brazil and was waiting for the x9 to be shipped so my friend could send both to me at once).

I feel you man...so much of this hobby is just seemingly endless waiting. I cannot tell you how many times I waited for months and months for products to arrive at my doorstep, shipping delays, break in periods and so on...I can certainly appreciate if something is made to order, but still...why even bother releasing a product if you can't deliver in a timely fashion. Surely Stax and Audeze both knew that people are going to be ordering their new products...

Nov 28, 2021 at 3:58 PM Post #423 of 2,979

I'm in the same boat. Ordered the same week, so sounds like a few days after you. Stay strong lol. It will be here eventually and the reviews seem promising. Hope you get yours as soon as possible. :)

Nov 28, 2021 at 9:30 PM Post #425 of 2,979
I was in on day 1 and still waiting too. I agree with your sentiment. It’s hard to think about what they should do about this, as if they pre-produced too many without interest to follow up it could backfire. That said, it seems the complete opposite happened. How do you launch a product without inventory? Most of all, I’d like some clarity on how they prioritize orders. Not all are created the same. Specifically, if you buy directly from edifier vs a lesser sized local dealer or maybe even a midsize one you may be waiting longer while you ordered earlier, just because they are prioritizing orders through their own site and locally in Japan. That to me is the most annoying thing about all of this.

Nov 28, 2021 at 9:33 PM Post #426 of 2,979
I was in on day 1 and still waiting too. I agree with your sentiment. It’s hard to think about what they should do about this, as if they pre-produced too many without interest to follow up it could backfire. That said, it seems the complete opposite happened. How do you launch a product without inventory? Most of all, I’d like some clarity on how they prioritize orders. Not all are created the same. Specifically, if you buy directly from edifier vs a lesser sized local dealer or maybe even a midsize one you may be waiting longer while you ordered earlier, just because they are prioritizing orders through their own site and locally in Japan. That to me is the most annoying thing about all of this.
Which dealer did you order from? Mine was from HeadAmp placed on Sep. 20th. I checked with them two weeks ago and had about 5 people waiting ahead of me. It seems like STAX is not shipping anything of quantity to US right now.:triportsad:

Nov 28, 2021 at 9:43 PM Post #427 of 2,979
It seems like STAX is not shipping anything of quantity to US right now.:triportsad:
Bingo buddy, thats exactly what’s happening. At least, as I was told by someone definitely in the know. Assuming that’s true, they need to hear we are here and waiting (for now). Stax has more dedicated customers other than just in Asia!

Nov 29, 2021 at 5:46 AM Post #429 of 2,979
That must be AUSTRIA then of course now!! :wink:

Nov 29, 2021 at 7:11 AM Post #430 of 2,979
Last Saturday, a Japanese TV station interviewed STAX and broadcast the SR-X9000 manufacturing plant.
Since it is manufactured by very careful manual work, the number of products manufactured is limited. It was explained that a lot of orders for SR-X9000 were gathered, and now STAX has a lot of back orders, and even if we order now, it will be next year.

https://twitter.com/kaiun_tbs/status/1463143437130104838

Nov 29, 2021 at 8:25 AM Post #431 of 2,979
Not only US, a lot of Chinese customers also waiting for the X9000. Probably only Japanese customers can take sort of advantage, but the quantity is very limited at the moment.

I got the X9000 from first day of release, I order it before it reveal to public (at 11th Sept). My friend ordered at 16th Sept still have not got his pair lol.

Nov 29, 2021 at 8:33 AM Post #432 of 2,979
I'm in the same boat. Ordered the same week, so sounds like a few days after you. Stay strong lol. It will be here eventually and the reviews seem promising. Hope you get yours as soon as possible. :)
Thanks! It's not like I waited for a couple of weeks and then freaked out.. It will soon be 3 months wait and I can see it being 5 because of end of year backlogs/shipping times. If anyone remembers, I said previously that when I bought it I already knew that a possibility to get my hands on it would be only when I'd go personally to USA next Feb/March, so I was prepared to wait that long anyway. I gave up the idea of such a long air travel in the near future, so having it shipped / brought to me will be. To be clear, my ears got a bit affected (sensitive to sound) after months of heavy hours on headphones (even if I dont listen loud) during homeoffice (which will be less in the future for me anyway) so the waiting is less "painfull" anyway as Im cutting headphones for a few weeks, but the disappointment to have paid full price and wait for potentially whole quarters still grows nonetheless
At least you got the $5800 early adopter price?
Yes, for a few hours headamp was able to keep that price even after the website price went up (also I have signaled to them beforehand I was going to purchased from them, was just missing the confirmation of payment method/friend's in USA shipping info). Staxaudio listed the lower price for some more hours, but headamp was able to accomodate my prefered payment method (Wise via ACH). I can't say for sure but I still believe I placed the order around 24hrs of it being available. But still coulda been faster, when we didn't know the price I estimated it would be around $6,5k so was happily prepared to buy at 5,8k.
Which dealer did you order from? Mine was from HeadAmp placed on Sep. 20th. I checked with them two weeks ago and had about 5 people waiting ahead of me. It seems like STAX is not shipping anything of quantity to US right now.:triportsad:
Believe HA is not to blame at all, they don't seem to have much better info than we do. It appears the fact there is a large number of smaller Stax dealers around the world with 1-2 early orders is making Stax's job to prioritize them harder than planned. Does that make sense? I guess so

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2021 at 9:08 AM Post #434 of 2,979
FE4hMwNaQAEi2Zw

Manufacturing looks tedious.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back