Stax SR-X9000
Nov 20, 2021 at 12:38 AM Post #391 of 3,045
Why i write Bass 4?

This area is undersized/not strong enough/not much enough pressure from the moving air mass (too openly constructed)

I think many knows Susvara (for me also a little to less)...even this one has more as the Stax

NOMAX

PS. if you are looking for an electrostatic headphone and you want more in this area as Susvara...try the CRBN....if you want less....X9000

The biggest improvement from X9000 in comparison to 009S..are the mids and Highs👍👍
Vocals sounds really great....no longer intrusive 👍

Last edited:
Nov 20, 2021 at 1:05 AM Post #392 of 3,045
Susvara bass is weak sauce imo. People overhype the bass impact. It does not have impact like people usually describe. X9000 doesn't have alot of impact, but I wouldn't be saying Susvara is leagues above in terms of impact.

Last edited:
Nov 20, 2021 at 1:06 AM Post #393 of 3,045
@Nomax - you are not using EQ, correct? Which would imply that bass performance of SR-X 9000 with EQ (low shelf) needs to be determined, if any increase of bass were to be desired? FYI - Susvara, which you characterize as "little to less" has enough bass punch to make the soles of my feet vibrate (similar impact as a subwoofer) - so that characterization may depend on your playback chain? You also did not share which energizer you used - see earlier question in this thread - e.g. I will use a 3ES with 4x300B tubes, not sure if that could be a game changer with regard to the SR-X 9000 low frequency performance?

Nov 20, 2021 at 1:18 AM Post #394 of 3,045
Energizers do not change that what is missing

NOMAX

PS.Try the CRBN...try the X9000 side by side....and i am sure everbody knows after 60 Seconds what i mean 😉

Nov 20, 2021 at 1:22 AM Post #395 of 3,045
Energizers do not change that what is missing

NOMAX

PS.Try the CRBN...try the X9000 side by side....and i am sure everbody knows after 60 Seconds what i mean 😉
Yeah, but what energizer?

Nov 20, 2021 at 2:24 AM Post #396 of 3,045
Here some examples

This live recording TOP with X9000 👍👍

And this 👎👎...no moving air mass/Bass/lows from 0.56....why?the transducer is to open constructed 😉

NOMAX

PS. Try this one with CRBN...from 0.16 👍👍👍

Also with CRBN 👍👍

This one with X9000 👍👍

Last edited:
Nov 20, 2021 at 2:42 AM Post #397 of 3,045
Should a Model for 7000 Euros to be able to move enough air mass/pressure from the lows that it also goes through the ears ??

NOMAX

PS.that was my last coment to this Model

Last edited:
Nov 20, 2021 at 2:55 AM Post #398 of 3,045
You’re intentionally dodging the question :rolling_eyes:

Nov 20, 2021 at 3:05 AM Post #399 of 3,045
You’re intentionally dodging the question :rolling_eyes:

Sorry....Paltauf and D50

NOMAX

PS.and don ´t forget my words...you can invest thousands of euros in energizers...the moving air mass/pressure will therefore no longer be 😉

Last edited:
Nov 20, 2021 at 6:12 AM Post #400 of 3,045
Too little Bass . Don't mind me :relieved:
What's important for me is the midtone and high tone fits as good as possible .
Because adjusting the medium and high tone with EQ is much heavier
and more time consuming and needs very great experience in
operating an EQ . But the Bass can be easily done ,
to the own hearing flavor with EQ .
Thus the X9K is still in the race , with me :k701smile:

Of course, who rejects EQ strictly or has no possibility to use an EQ ,
for that is the message too little Bass a disappointment.
But what is too less for one Person , does not mean that for every Person the Bass is too less .

Last edited:
Nov 20, 2021 at 7:57 AM Post #401 of 3,045
Somebody needs to hook the X9K with BHSE or Carbon with good source and give a review .The X9K produces quite deep bass but i have the feeling Nomax etc have a source problem.Some obscure reviews out there with 700S/X9K in Germany. If you need very deep bass look elsewhere maybe Skullcandy Crusher or similar and be happy with it .

Nov 20, 2021 at 8:12 AM Post #402 of 3,045
If you need very deep bass look elsewhere maybe Skullcandy Crusher or similar and be happy with it .
It seems, from the above and other threads, that the electrostatic Audeze CRBN is the alternative here (without spending a fortune on Shangrila Sr. or HE1).

Nov 20, 2021 at 9:59 AM Post #403 of 3,045
I had a chance recently to listen to the CRBN on an A-10 Thunderbolt II, which is the same amplifier I have and I preferred my 009s to the CRBN. The A-10 was specifically built to get the best out of the Stax 009 series of headphones. There is just nothing missing from the 009 series you could want for including the bass.

The CRBN with the A-10 just did not synergize with it. This suggests to me the amplifier has a significant impact on the performance of any e-stat headphone given other's comments on the CRBN.

Nov 20, 2021 at 12:44 PM Post #404 of 3,045
I had a chance recently to listen to the CRBN on an A-10 Thunderbolt II, which is the same amplifier I have and I preferred my 009s to the CRBN. The A-10 was specifically built to get the best out of the Stax 009 series of headphones. There is just nothing missing from the 009 series you could want for including the bass.

The CRBN with the A-10 just did not synergize with it. This suggests to me the amplifier has a significant impact on the performance of any e-stat headphone given other's comments on the CRBN.
Or you just like the SR009 better than the CRBN. To make the claim that it is heavily amp dependent, you'd have to try the CRBN on a different amp.

In general I don't find the difference between amps with SR009 to be that significant, once you have a beefy enough energizer. It does sound better on a BHSE than SR 353X but the character of the headphone itself isn't hugely different. So I haven't heard the Ray Samuels amp that you have, maybe it's doing something very unusual.
The same is true for SR007. At moderate or low volume, you'd be hard pressed to find a huge difference between the 353X and a BHSE. Blasting the volume it is much more obvious. but the 007's basic character is still pretty much the same. So based on what you wrote, I am guessing you will always like the SR009 better than the CRBN. But there's one way to find out for sure:sunglasses:

Nov 20, 2021 at 1:03 PM Post #405 of 3,045
Here some examples

And this 👎👎...no moving air mass/Bass/lows from 0.56....why?the transducer is to open constructed 😉

NOMAX

Thanks for sharing this - I am finding this track (Lily was here) very useful - e.g. HE6 beats the pants off Susvara in conveying the macro dynamics (Susvara still better on small details) :) Will be a good benchmark once I get my SR-X 9000 (... my dealer still says "late November", at this point I don't believe it's going to happen)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back