Stax SR-L300 Impressions Thread
Dec 15, 2016 at 10:24 PM Post #33 of 1,163
Some people are fine with the stock comfort. Basically if your ears don't stick out enough to touch the inside, they are pretty comfortable. (meaning you should try them out, or be prepared to buy some pads)

Dec 17, 2016 at 5:02 AM Post #34 of 1,163
Somebody said, earpads are thin compared to old lambdas. How much?, because if hard parts will press on ears, it can be painful after while

Feb 4, 2017 at 8:50 PM Post #36 of 1,163
Hey all,

I'm new here and just posted my first thread with questions about the STAX SRS-3100.

I'm curious, with the pads, is there an easy swap or upgrade available or is everything "pop them off and glue some other ones on" type of solution?

I've seen the reviews on youtube and all the pics concern me a bit. I just want to be prepared to swap them out if my ears immediately touch.

THANKS!

Feb 4, 2017 at 8:56 PM Post #37 of 1,163
  Hey all,

I'm new here and just posted my first thread with questions about the STAX SRS-3100.

I'm curious, with the pads, is there an easy swap or upgrade available or is everything "pop them off and glue some other ones on" type of solution?

I've seen the reviews on youtube and all the pics concern me a bit. I just want to be prepared to swap them out if my ears immediately touch.

THANKS!

I have the Stax SR-L300 and I performed the mod described in this video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_HwOOuIsWM

Since those earpad adapters were custom made for the Stax SR-207's they don't fit perfectly, but I was able to attach them to my satisfaction. Once the adapters are on you can use whatever earpads suit your fancy.

Feb 17, 2017 at 3:05 AM Post #40 of 1,163
I just got a pair running on a Stax SRS 323S. My initial impressions are they are good, but not insane. I am honestly not hearing the "electrostat" sound. So far seems comparable to my Hifiman HE-500 in terms of quality. 

However, I am pretty impressed by the treble response. Mid range is uncolored but sounds a bit flat, but I might need more time to make a decision on this. Bass is decent with good extension but want more.. Not sure what to think because I was expecting to be blown away.

UPDATE: After some more listening... I am much more impressed with the sound.

Feb 17, 2017 at 3:12 AM Post #41 of 1,163
  Hey all,

THANKS!

I'd be surprised if your ears don't touch. The bigger problem is just that the pads are way too thin. Glasses are a definite no go with these pads as well... Does the 507 pads or L500 pads have the same problem with glasses?

Feb 19, 2017 at 6:12 PM Post #43 of 1,163
My worry is that the headband does not seem to want to extend too far out and the clamp is not super light either. Does adding the thick ZMF pads make a strong clamp?

Also these headphones are pretty awesome. After a few days of listening I've adjusted to the sound. Still don't really hear the electrostat sound but it sure does sound good! I guess maybe the bass is not as fulfilling as I'd like? Hard to say 
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 25, 2017 at 4:25 PM Post #44 of 1,163
  My worry is that the headband does not seem to want to extend too far out and the clamp is not super light either. Does adding the thick ZMF pads make a strong clamp?

Also these headphones are pretty awesome. After a few days of listening I've adjusted to the sound. Still don't really hear the electrostat sound but it sure does sound good! I guess maybe the bass is not as fulfilling as I'd like? Hard to say 
smily_headphones1.gif

I just purchased the srs-3100 and should be here next weekish! I'm excited 
biggrin.gif

In his review, zeos wasn't impressed on first day either but apparently these really need to 'break-in' or the membranes to get fully charged.

I'm thinking of just using double sided tape and a pair of HM5 pads. That was pretty much the design of the SR207 pad attachment anyway.

Feb 25, 2017 at 4:28 PM Post #45 of 1,163

smily_headphones1.gif

I suggest using thinner pads than the ZMF lambskin, forheps eggshell. As thinner the pads the less clamp you'd get.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back