Stax SR-L300 Impressions Thread
May 30, 2017 at 6:00 AM Post #167 of 1,163
Why would the fuse pop when using inverter? it's still only 12v DC output, regardless of what is AC voltage in the input.

Centre must be negative as per image on back of energiser.
If you reverse the dc the circuit will blow hence the fuse pops to protect internals.

May 30, 2017 at 6:05 AM Post #168 of 1,163
Centre must be negative as per image on back of energiser.
If you reverse the dc the circuit will blow hence the fuse pops to protect internals.
Ifi's inverter turns their power adapter into center negative

May 30, 2017 at 6:08 AM Post #169 of 1,163
May 30, 2017 at 4:49 PM Post #171 of 1,163
How does a lower voltage cause damage? Do you mean higher?
Unregulated will swing based on your mains swinging... If the mains swings upwards, then the 12v unregulated swings upwards causing the energiser to pop as current draw is much lower..

May 31, 2017 at 8:26 AM Post #172 of 1,163

Thanks for the Suggestion BenF. The Problem is i already ordered the ifi power adapter 12v.. I guess some one suggested me that i'm not sure.

Now, Do i need to cancel that order and order the kashimura step down transformer

OR

Will the ifi power adapter will work for sure. It fitted almost all the description.

I have a new unopened system sitting in the home i don't wanna blow the fuse first time by plugging it incorrectly.

May 31, 2017 at 8:46 AM Post #173 of 1,163
Thanks for the Suggestion BenF. The Problem is i already ordered the ifi power adapter 12v.. I guess some one suggested me that i'm not sure.

Now, Do i need to cancel that order and order the kashimura step down transformer

OR

Will the ifi power adapter will work for sure. It fitted almost all the description.

I have a new unopened system sitting in the home i don't wanna blow the fuse first time by plugging it incorrectly.

Polarity-wise, iFi should work.
You should ask iFi's support if the plug will fit too.
If yes - I'll be buying some too.

May 31, 2017 at 6:31 PM Post #175 of 1,163
I have asked their support. Still no response yet.

I will let u know if i get a response.

what I did is usinh a 10Ah 12V battery, (mind polarity as percabove!). You can listen 24/7 before recharging, and - obviousley - no ac components. Sounds great.
Michael

Jun 2, 2017 at 4:03 AM Post #179 of 1,163
I bought the L3100 system a couple of days back. The positive impressions in this thread being one of the reasons behind the purchase. I have the driver connected to the line out of my Fiio e10K currently, and I love it so far (without any burn-in). Will I see any form of improvement over the Fiio, if I upgrade to say a Modi or some such DAC?

Jun 2, 2017 at 5:57 AM Post #180 of 1,163
I bought the L3100 system a couple of days back. The positive impressions in this thread being one of the reasons behind the purchase. I have the driver connected to the line out of my Fiio e10K currently, and I love it so far (without any burn-in). Will I see any form of improvement over the Fiio, if I upgrade to say a Modi or some such DAC?

I noticed these headphones detect any flaw in the upstream from interconnects to dac's everything is audible.
Very high resolution...
Very happy listening ..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back