Stax SR 507 or 407 ?
May 23, 2015 at 4:15 PM Post #46 of 49
as PKSHAN above states,
i also find there is TOO MUCH BASS in the latest sr 507 , and 323s  stax combo

if anyone has ideas how to reduce the QTY of bass, esp in the lowest 20 to 100 Hz area
this will really heal my headaches...
can barely hear the rest of really cool acoustic frequencies, thanks to all the bass busting...duh

thanks
k

Jan 2, 2018 at 10:26 PM Post #48 of 49
The real issue of 507 is the timbre, the bass has a little too much impact,

TOO MUCH BASS in the latest sr 507 , and 323s stax combo

k

Wellp, you and @kaybee sold me on the 507. Where do I sign up? xD

I'm not even joking, @pkshan's "little too much impact" is likely just right for @DJtheRocket :)

Last edited:
Jan 3, 2018 at 12:50 PM Post #49 of 49
Quote:

I spent some time with the HE6 and HE500 too. Not bad at first, but after a while it became irritant that the Hifimans had a slight zingy quality to their sound. I tried to switch the earpads, with good results, e.g. Stax 007 pads improved them considerably, and I read the Audeze pads may improve them even more. However, they still sounded a bit zingy. Removed the pads, and it became clear how they could potentially sound: very, very deep (much deeper than with pads), with a bit of bass boost, and prominently zingy treble. Not bad at all, but the others were more accurate. I could say a similar opinion about the Grados, which have a similar, but even more accentuated sound signature. I hope Hifiman could solve these issues and make a ~500 EUR headphone which is accurate enough.

I know that this is a very old post. I just want to say that I agree with the poster’s statement about the HE-6 having that zingy quality which to me makes the HE-6 eventually fatiguing. This is completely absent from listening to SR-007Mk1.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back