STAX SR-207, SR-307, SR-407 - New Product Line from Stax
Nov 2, 2010 at 5:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

WooAudio

Member of the Trade: Woo Audio
Stax has just announced the new product line to replace the existing ones. The new line will use the same technology seen in the newly released SR-507.

The new products will be available at Woo Audio toward the end of November, 2010. Pricing will be available at http://wooaudio.com/headphones/

We still have limited quantity for the old models.

Old model​
New Model
SR-202​
SR-207
SR-303​
SR-307
SR-404​
SR-407

Basically, the last digit is replaced with "7".

Specification:

Sep 17, 2012 at 2:40 PM Post #3 of 6
Quote:
Which model is better sounding than Koss ESP950?

I wouldn't say any of them is better. They are all great, but the Stax Lambdas will be brighter, thinner, and airier sounding than the Koss. They should be close enough technically. I would go for the sound sig that you prefer or the one that you can best afford. The slightly colored and more lush Koss or the lighter and more neutral Stax all have their fans.

For specific differences on each model, and more opinions you should probably browse or ask in "The Stax thread".

Sep 14, 2013 at 10:17 AM Post #6 of 6

I wouldn't say any of them is better. They are all great, but the Stax Lambdas will be brighter, thinner, and airier sounding than the Koss.

For specific differences on each model, and more opinions you should probably browse or ask in "The Stax thread".

The 202s I had before weren't much brighter than the koss so I'm thinking the 207 may still be different vs the 307 and 407 being brighter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back