STAX SR-Ω (SR-Omega) '' The Legendary OMEGA ''
Dec 23, 2022 at 7:25 PM Post #121 of 258
Congrats Hugo! Hadn't you got one already?
Thanks! No, I've never heard the Omegas before. These are actually the only cans left on my wish-to-listen list.

Dec 23, 2022 at 8:05 PM Post #123 of 258
Thanks! No, I've never heard the Omegas before. These are actually the only cans left on my wish-to-listen list.
excellent! What a way to end the year! I was fortunate to get my Omega because one of the local stores had one deep in their storage and offered it to me.

Do note that you do need driving power for the Omega. But you will not regret it! It is Stax as you have never heard. Unless you have the Lambda Nova Signature or Classic which was produced around the same period and share the sound signature. It is one of the reasons I have a wide range of Stax ear speakers - Stax house sound has evolved over the years.

Very happy for you! :)

Dec 23, 2022 at 8:10 PM Post #124 of 258
excellent! What a way to end the year! I was fortunate to get my Omega because one of the local stores had one deep in their storage and offered it to me.

Do note that you do need driving power for the Omega. But you will not regret it! It is Stax as you have never heard. Unless you have the Lambda Nova Signature or Classic which was produced around the same period and share the sound signature. It is one of the reasons I have a wide range of Stax ear speakers - Stax house sound has evolved over the years.

Very happy for you! :)
Thank you for the kind words!

I have the T2 so power shouldn’t be a problem. Also, having this amp made the purchase easier - it’s an obvious choice.
I can’t wait to see how it goes against the x9000/007mk1 and HE90.

Cheers!

Dec 23, 2022 at 8:14 PM Post #125 of 258

I have the T2 so power shouldn’t be a problem. Also, having this amp made the purchase easier - it’s an obvious choice.

Cheers!
Excellent! Yeah... would love to hear your views on how it compares with the X9K. I have both (or at least until the X9K had to go back recently for unbalanced drivers issue) and I think the Omega is still a much better long session listen. But of course YMMV. I think it also depends on what you listen to primarily. :)

Dec 23, 2022 at 8:22 PM Post #127 of 258
My finding is the omega has better timber and dynamics , but worse bass control/soundstage/maybe also detail.

That said, I prefer the omega.
Yup. That's consistent with my own experience. Since, I listen to mostly vocals and acoustics, the Omega suits me to a T. The X9K is great too but it is perhaps not as organic. :)

Dec 23, 2022 at 8:26 PM Post #128 of 258
The lack of organicity and fluidness is what keeps me away from the X9k and leaning more to the HE90. From what I heard so far, it seems that the Omega will be a better fit to me as well.

Dec 23, 2022 at 8:40 PM Post #129 of 258
The lack of organicity and fluidness is what keeps me away from the X9k and leaning more to the HE90. From what I heard so far, it seems that the Omega will be a better fit to me as well.
I suspect so too! I am listening to some Chinese music streaming off KK Box right now off the Omega and KGST. If that is what you are looking for, you will enjoy it for sure! :)

Dec 23, 2022 at 9:20 PM Post #130 of 258

Cheers!

Congrats, and will be great to see your impressions with it and the x9000 on the T2. :)

Yup. That's consistent with my own experience. Since, I listen to mostly vocals and acoustics, the Omega suits me to a T. The X9K is great too but it is perhaps not as organic. :)

Yea the main thing that stood out for me with the Omega is that it sounded a bit more natural, at the tradeoff of the x9000 being a bit more resolving. I found them a bit redundant overall and both great at a lot of similar things, but I'd probably just take the Omega over it for the organic factor (which is really common in the OG TOTLs).

Dec 23, 2022 at 9:44 PM Post #131 of 258
Congrats, and will be great to see your impressions with it and the x9000 on the T2. :)

Yea the main thing that stood out for me with the Omega is that it sounded a bit more natural, at the tradeoff of the x9000 being a bit more resolving. I found them a bit redundant overall and both great at a lot of similar things, but I'd probably just take the Omega over it for the organic factor (which is really common in the OG TOTLs).
Thank you!! Btw, do you know which Omega you have heard (early or late version)?

Dec 23, 2022 at 10:06 PM Post #133 of 258
Him and I have both heard early (same unit)

I got to hear it off Mjolnir Carbon , think he was listening on t1 - but both have shared same notes and thoughts

Was just about to mention you for this. :)

Dec 23, 2022 at 10:52 PM Post #134 of 258
Him and I have both heard early (same unit)

I got to hear it off Mjolnir Carbon , think he was listening on t1 - but both have shared same notes and thoughts
Very cool. Should not be very different from what I will get out of the T2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back