STAX 4070's are in the house..... (pics)
Sep 30, 2008 at 11:51 AM Post #46 of 70
So, I'm curious, just how good is the isolation on the 4070s?

Is it REALLY isolating (like, say, the Beyerdynamic DT770) or just "kind of" isolating (like, say, the Denon D5000)?

Sep 30, 2008 at 3:02 PM Post #47 of 70
Quote:

Originally Posted by Robonaut /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Is it REALLY isolating (like, say, the Beyerdynamic DT770) or just "kind of" isolating (like, say, the Denon D5000)?

Send me your DT770 or D5000, so I can compare them..
Seriously, I find them to isolate outside noise quite well. But then again, I have no other closed-back headphones to compare with.

Perhaps another 4070 owner have more info.
o2smile.gif

Sep 30, 2008 at 3:43 PM Post #48 of 70
More n more poison..

just when i was about to seal the deal with HD600.

now i ll have to read all nite on electrostats and how they follow up.

A Question: Does it ever end?

..dont bother to reply.. my guess is as good as yours.

Oct 1, 2008 at 5:25 AM Post #50 of 70
Quote:

The DT770 isn't what I would consider REALLY isolating for a closed can (think Senn HD280pro for that). I would say the 4070 is more closed than a casually closed can like the D5000. It's been a while to say if it was as good as the DT770, but pretty close, as I has no issues demoing them in a room filled with the loudest snoring rubes I've ever met in my life
wink.gif

Oct 1, 2008 at 11:38 AM Post #52 of 70
Quote:

Originally Posted by Covenant /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It doesn't, but most wallets tend to
very_evil_smiley.gif

Agreed. I thought I had made it clear to myself (in my head at least) that I was done with the searching and was satisfied with my dynamic rig. Then on impulse I buy a O2 and that just basically opened up another can of wallet raping.

Oct 1, 2008 at 4:19 PM Post #53 of 70
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nocturnal310 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
More n more poison..

just when i was about to seal the deal with HD600.

now i ll have to read all nite on electrostats and how they follow up.

You know you want a Stax!
No need to deny, just admit that you want one...
o2smile.gif

Oct 1, 2008 at 5:21 PM Post #54 of 70
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nocturnal310 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
A Question: Does it ever end?

..dont bother to reply.. my guess is as good as yours.

Well, I'll reply - I think it never ends, but for the phones themselves the I feel the HE-90, HP-2 or PS-1 (depending on preference), L3000, O2, R10, I'm missing some.

BUT then you have front end, tubes, ICs, vibration control, power conditioning, etc etc.
tongue.gif

Oct 1, 2008 at 7:29 PM Post #56 of 70
Quote:

Have no direct comparison with those cans. But I will say that they are just as isolating as the L3000's if not a little bit more. They say that they were really developed for monitoring live recordings and the like.

And any of these I would say are a little isolating... because my standard is the Ety 4s that give 30+db isolation... where everyone goes bye bye...

Cheers,

Oct 1, 2008 at 7:41 PM Post #57 of 70
Quote:

Originally Posted by Khanate /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Perfect cans for on the bus!

Hopefully not a bus for public transportation.
Cause you will get some funny looks for sure. Both for the 4070, and also for the rest of the gear (amplifier, batteries, ...) needed to drive it.

Apr 6, 2010 at 12:55 PM Post #59 of 70
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hopefully not a bus for public transportation.
Cause you will get some funny looks for sure. Both for the 4070, and also for the rest of the gear (amplifier, batteries, ...) needed to drive it.

I expect it would look something like the partical accelerator from Ghostbusters strapped to your back.
tongue.gif

Apr 6, 2010 at 1:06 PM Post #60 of 70
Stax made a portable, battery-powered amp, believe it or not. Still, it took something like 8 C-cells, so it wasn't small.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back