Static shocks in my ear
Mar 5, 2009 at 4:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

joneeboi

Headphoneus Supremus
Please consider shielding your cables. I have had my PK3s for almost a month now, and it constantly delivers static shocks to my ears. The static travels up the cable, clips the music and gives me sharp prickly pokes in my ears. I don't have to wear particularly static-prone and it will still zap me. It doesn't help that I'm still wearing my wool jacket, and it will shock me at least once every couple days. Whatever it takes, get rid of these static shocks. It hurts my ears. Is there a way for me to get a replacement, or is this a problem across the fleet?

Mar 8, 2009 at 9:32 AM Post #3 of 10
I assume static shocks is most likely caused by an environmental factor? If your body builds up static electricity easily, than shielding cable won't really help.

Apr 18, 2009 at 6:08 PM Post #5 of 10
wow, wow..Wait that's really f*ucked up!! I was just about to order pk3 & now I read about these earbuds tazering people?! =((

BTW it happened to me a few times while using ibuds. May that's just earbud thing? Cause I never experienced it with full-size headphones or iems..

Apr 18, 2009 at 8:25 PM Post #7 of 10
That's never happened to me. But, I've never worn earbuds (other than a brief hate affair with iBuds). Solution... get a humidifier.

Apr 18, 2009 at 8:56 PM Post #8 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by logwed /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's never happened to me. But, I've never worn earbuds (other than a brief hate affair with iBuds). Solution... get a humidifier.

That is going to be one big humidifier, they are used outdoors
tongue.gif
tongue.gif

Apr 18, 2009 at 9:01 PM Post #9 of 10
lol, move to Florida?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back