Starving Student Millett Hybrid PCB Step-By-Step Build Guide
Nov 22, 2009 at 10:45 PM Post #46 of 81
Quote:

Originally Posted by choka /img/forum/go_quote.gif
May be the ones I've received are different. The whole socket cracked after I try to pry them apart.

And the ridiculous thing is, after the socket has cracked, I am left with just the pin. I hold the two sides of the pin with two pliers and try to pull them apart. They just refuse to separate... I am not a super strong muscular guy but I am still almost 6-2 and not THAT weak...
frown.gif

I don't know what to do now. I broke two and I still have two left. I feel unethical to "borrow" a drill for one time use for this, but on the other hand I don't think I have a choice, since Tom doesn't have the time to drill it for me before he sent it out because he has such a lot of order to handle.

I don't have so many orders now - they've all shipped once the two go out tomorrow.
wink.gif
Shoot me a PM.

Nov 22, 2009 at 11:33 PM Post #47 of 81
Quote:

Originally Posted by tomb /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't have so many orders now - they've all shipped once the two go out tomorrow.
wink.gif
Shoot me a PM.

Thanks for the offer. I just talked to my coworker and I can borrow a battery operated drill. Don't know if it'll work for this but I'll give it a shot first. I've soldered quite a bit of stuff and if I can get this done, and for the missing headphone jack to arrive, I'll be done with the assembly work and start to enjoy them.

Nov 25, 2009 at 7:09 AM Post #48 of 81
I dont need the LE resistor if I am not using LEDs, right?

-Nkk

Jan 18, 2010 at 3:59 AM Post #50 of 81
Thanks for the great post and instructions ... I went to order the Beezar components and they have two different PCBs, min & max and no longer stock the MUSE ES 220uf 16v. Seems their promoting the Minimax kits. Has anyone had experience with these? Are they as decent (although twice the price) as the SSMH.
I already ordered the Mouser products.
TIA

Jan 18, 2010 at 6:12 AM Post #51 of 81
Quote:

Originally Posted by ovrclkd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for the great post and instructions ... I went to order the Beezar components and they have two different PCBs, min & max and no longer stock the MUSE ES 220uf 16v. Seems their promoting the Minimax kits. Has anyone had experience with these? Are they as decent (althought twice the price) as the SSMH.
I already ordered the Mouser products.
TIA

The Starving Student kits will go on sale around the end of the month or early February. This will be the last run of kits.

As for your other questions, there are two very large threads - one each for the MAX and the MiniMAX. There's also many posts about both of them in Head-fi's amplifier section. The Search tool is your friend.
wink.gif

Feb 28, 2010 at 5:27 PM Post #56 of 81
Quote:

Originally Posted by flamingworm /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Dear Tomb,

thanks for the handy tutorial, but I like the look of the one on your picture more. Did you make that box yourself or where can you buy it?

greetz

What "your picture" are you talking about?

Feb 28, 2010 at 7:41 PM Post #58 of 81
Quote:

Originally Posted by Llama16 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think he means your avatar
tongue.gif
. Wasn't it the first MiniMAX you've ever built?

Oh - OK. Yes it was:
MiniMAX-5.jpg

(Millett Hybrid MiniMAX)
Note that it's certainly still possible to build the MiniMAX using the Lansing CT1 case and drilling your own holes. The templates are available on the MiniMAX website under the Construction pages.
wink.gif

However, I think the production version is a definite improvement:
WilCox1.jpg

lordvaderMiniMAX.jpg

(WilCox's MiniMAXes at top, lordvader's on bottom)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back