Started with the Shure se215, what now?
Nov 23, 2013 at 11:57 AM Post #17 of 21
Buy the Shure SE846. Don't go for something like the Shure SE535 since you'll upgrade to the flagship model eventually anyway. So in the end, you spend more money by going to the Shure SE535 now.

Nov 24, 2013 at 9:00 PM Post #18 of 21
  Buy the Shure SE846. Don't go for something like the Shure SE535 since you'll upgrade to the flagship model eventually anyway. So in the end, you spend more money by going to the Shure SE535 now.

I am not certain about this advice.  There are many who say that spending more is not necessarily the path to better sound, just different.  In the same way that the same headphones are not suited to every ear, the point of diminishing returns is not the same for everyone.

Nov 24, 2013 at 9:52 PM Post #19 of 21
I think the Shure SE846 is exhorbitantly priced. I just got my GR07BE. One of the best purchases I've ever made.

Nov 24, 2013 at 10:08 PM Post #20 of 21
I had the 215's (lost them after I got the 535's :[ ) and got the SE535's for $350 on blackfriday from earphonesolutions but they aren't really much more detailed and they still have the rolled off highs but also less bass than the 215's but the bass is more detailed they also sound more spacious, like to the point that it is blatantly obvious and feels like walking into a concert hall while hearing the overhead speaker play whats going on in the hall for people to hear out in the hallway, coming from "normal" earbuds.

The 846's are sooooooo expencive I can't see you or me or most people affording them, I'd be happy to pay $650 for them maybe...

I have also looked at getting the GR07 BE but haven't so I can't comment I would maybe say the new Westones or customs...

Nov 25, 2013 at 1:13 AM Post #21 of 21
  I had the 215's (lost them after I got the 535's :[ ) and got the SE535's for $350 on blackfriday from earphonesolutions but they aren't really much more detailed and they still have the rolled off highs but also less bass than the 215's but the bass is more detailed they also sound more spacious, like to the point that it is blatantly obvious and feels like walking into a concert hall while hearing the overhead speaker play whats going on in the hall for people to hear out in the hallway, coming from "normal" earbuds.

The 846's are sooooooo expencive I can't see you or me or most people affording them, I'd be happy to pay $650 for them maybe...

I have also looked at getting the GR07 BE but haven't so I can't comment I would maybe say the new Westones or customs...

Yea I was looking into the new Westones but want to make sure they will satisfy my desired signature. Could you vouch for them, seeing as you are also a Shure fan?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back