Star Wars: Original vs Enhanced
Mar 18, 2006 at 8:35 PM Post #61 of 90
Quote:

Originally Posted by jjcha
Ah, okay. Well, I bet Frank was pretty happy about not having to do all those flips and twirls at least.
biggrin.gif

Best,

-Jason

Hahahaha, can you imagine what that scene would have looked like if Frank was in a green suit flinging a Yoda puppet around before post?

Mar 18, 2006 at 9:11 PM Post #62 of 90
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mercuttio
Hahahaha, can you imagine what that scene would have looked like if Frank was in a green suit flinging a Yoda puppet around before post?

the finished scene probably would have looked good, a'la weta workshop's work in lotr and kong.

Mar 18, 2006 at 10:17 PM Post #63 of 90
Quote:

Originally Posted by redshifter
the finished scene probably would have looked good, a'la weta workshop's work in lotr and kong.

Course, Weta wouldn't be working on it... but come on! Older gentleman with a grey beard, flinging a puppet around? Hilarity!

Mar 19, 2006 at 12:14 AM Post #66 of 90
But one of them did change the actual plot.

Mar 19, 2006 at 1:16 AM Post #68 of 90
I think changing the artistry of a historical movie is sort of inconsiderate to those who worked on it.

Mar 19, 2006 at 2:00 AM Post #70 of 90
personally i thing lucas has little regard for the actors or fans if his films. he answers to master, his ego. see the interview i linked earlier. lucas states essentially, "i can do whatever i want with these films, and if you don't like it, too freakin bad."

okay, lucas is 62 years old. it's only a matter of time before the originals can be released (star wars criterion edition).

Mar 19, 2006 at 2:17 AM Post #71 of 90
Quote:

Originally Posted by redshifter
personally i thing lucas has little regard for the actors or fans if his films. he answers to master, his ego. see the interview i linked earlier. lucas states essentially, "i can do whatever i want with these films, and if you don't like it, too freakin bad."

okay, lucas is 62 years old. it's only a matter of time before the originals can be released (star wars criterion edition).

Agree with the first part, hopefully you're right about them being rereleased...

Quote:

But I want it to be the way I want it to be.

This was taken from your earlier excerpted quote. I think this more than summarizes the curent state of the films.

Mar 19, 2006 at 6:56 AM Post #72 of 90
Quote:

Originally Posted by Oistrakh
which?

The one where Greebo shoots first.

And besides, it doesn't even look good. He looks like he was digitally left-shifted ("frankensteined", in movie-speak).

Mar 19, 2006 at 8:23 AM Post #73 of 90
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dusty Chalk
The one where Greebo shoots first.

And besides, it doesn't even look good. He looks like he was digitally left-shifted ("frankensteined", in movie-speak).

Yup. God forbid Han Solo be anything but a hero. Might I direct you all to this scientific research?

Mar 19, 2006 at 8:46 AM Post #74 of 90
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mercuttio
Yup. God forbid Han Solo be anything but a hero. Might I direct you all to this scientific research?

LOL!!!!

Mar 19, 2006 at 12:50 PM Post #75 of 90
Good God I wasn't aware of these major changes they made with the special editions of the movie. I never saw the special edition versions anyways.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back