Star Wars Episode III Trailer ... woweee this looks good!!!
Nov 8, 2004 at 8:23 AM Post #32 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by shafu
Didn't he make some starwars made for tv special? I seem to remember something rather stupid in the early 90s. I think it was focused on Ewokes - who was that main Ewoke character?

In any case, even with practice (and the Indy movies with his buddy, Steve), i don't think he would have made the films any better. The casting for the most part has been horrible.

Agreed. Hayden Christiansen has been nothing but a disgrace to the part of Anakin Skywalker come Darth Vader.

Nov 8, 2004 at 8:48 AM Post #33 of 40
I thought he did a decent job at some points in EII. Namely, his sequence at his Aunt and Uncle's when he goes out to rescue his mother, finds her captured, and subsequently kills the entire Tusken Raider clan. IMO, he captured the emotion very well indeed.

Nov 8, 2004 at 8:55 AM Post #34 of 40
Actually, ILM (industrial light & magic) had to sign non-disclosure agreements regarding the third trilogy a few months ago. Word is, Timothy Zahn has been inked to direct, and it'll be based off his trilogy of books. Basically focusing on Leia's kids, and Luke recruiting for the new academy. The fact that Zahn would direct makes the news THAT much better.

Quote:

Originally Posted by oneeyedhobbit
There is actually a ton of good story after #6. There were rumors of Lucas making them a while back. Personally, I'd love to see them made, just not by Lucas. Have a dedicated fan do it (a la Peter Jackson and LOTR).

Nov 8, 2004 at 9:11 AM Post #35 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by Entropism
Actually, ILM (industrial light & magic) had to sign non-disclosure agreements regarding the third trilogy a few months ago. Word is, Timothy Zahn has been inked to direct, and it'll be based off his trilogy of books. Basically focusing on Leia's kids, and Luke recruiting for the new academy. The fact that Zahn would direct makes the news THAT much better.

Ah, Ok. Can you link to where you found out this stuff? Also, not that Zahn's story is bad necessarily, but I'd love to see some of the stuff when Leia is training to be a Jedi/Emperor nearly converts her but Luke gives himself instead, etc.

Nov 8, 2004 at 8:31 PM Post #37 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by Entropism
http://www.imdb.com/news/wenn/2004-08-22#celeb4

Turns out it's supposedly a hoax though, Lucas is denying everything.

I should point out that the trailer to which this thread refers to is not a hoax.

Cheers!
580smile.gif

Nov 8, 2004 at 8:54 PM Post #38 of 40
Quote:

Didn't he make some starwars made for tv special? I seem to remember something rather stupid in the early 90s. I think it was focused on Ewokes - who was that main Ewoke character?

In any case, even with practice (and the Indy movies with his buddy, Steve), i don't think he would have made the films any better. The casting for the most part has been horrible.

lucas my have produced or wrote the ewoks and indy movies, but he stopped directing after "star wars" (1977). directing and producing are very different.

regarding miscasting, watch the extras on ep1. you can see the obvious choice to play young anniken, which lucas passes up for the little kid he used.

as for made for tv star wars specials, you are forgetting the "star wars holiday special" that lucas has been trying to eradicate for a long time.

click on image for link

Nov 14, 2004 at 6:54 PM Post #39 of 40
Quote:

I remember an interview a while back that had Lucas wanting a planet of Wookies instead of Ewokes in Return of the Jedi. But he also wanted a primiative cutlure versus technology thing which wouldn't work with Chewy flying a ship and all. Looks like he decided to go back to creating a planet of wookies.

Also, if I remember correctly, wasn't the first name of Return of Jedi actually REVENEGE of the Jedi? And then Lucas decided to change it because Jedis are suppose to be above revenege and all? I think there were some promo items that had the title, Revenege of the Jedi, that is worth quite a bit of money now.

Yep, I remember seeing posters for REVENGE of the jedi.

Nov 15, 2004 at 6:32 AM Post #40 of 40
actually lucas leaked the fake name "revenge of the jedi" so bootleggers would have the wrong movie title on all the counterfit star wars merchandise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back