Star Wars Episode III Trailer ... woweee this looks good!!!
Nov 6, 2004 at 7:32 PM Post #16 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by comabereni
It's legit. The trailer was referenced and linked to on AOL's logon page yesterday as well as on the AOL Star Wars fan page. I think this looks like the best of the last three made. I kind of liked #1, but don't care if I ever see #2 again. I might change my mind when it all gets linked together--I only hope this film isn't too predictable since it has the job of tying everything together.

As an aside (and not one that keeps me up at night like it does hard-core Star Wars junkies--I just watch the films a few times and go on with my life), I wonder what George Lucas is going to do after this one? I think it would cheapen the Star Wars story if he/they try to milk the Star Wars universe for extra side-line stories or more prequels. It basically ends after #6 with the defeat of the Empire.

Still, I've always enjoyed the story. I remember seeing Star Wars in the theater for the first time when I was 12 years old in junior high school--what fun it was. It was also fun going to the mall and seeing all the Star Wars paraphernalia. Great times.

There is actually a ton of good story after #6. There were rumors of Lucas making them a while back. Personally, I'd love to see them made, just not by Lucas. Have a dedicated fan do it (a la Peter Jackson and LOTR).

Nov 6, 2004 at 8:23 PM Post #18 of 40
In various interviews with Lucas around the time of the original trilogy's DVD release, he said that after Ep. III, he's done with Star Wars as far as theatrical movies are concerned, and said he might do a TV series.

I've no idea what the hell to make of that, honestly...

~KS

Nov 6, 2004 at 9:14 PM Post #19 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by GokieKS
In various interviews with Lucas around the time of the original trilogy's DVD release, he said that after Ep. III, he's done with Star Wars as far as theatrical movies are concerned, and said he might do a TV series.

I've no idea what the hell to make of that, honestly...

~KS

I heard that as well, but if you recall from a post here on head-fi, there was something about Lucas making all of his employees sign a form saying they wouldn't reveal any details of anything after Episode VI.

Nov 6, 2004 at 9:20 PM Post #20 of 40
trailer definitely legit. Saw it in the theater today. Exactly the same.

Nov 7, 2004 at 9:33 AM Post #21 of 40
even if ep3 is good, i'll still be pissed because lucas wasted ep1 & 2 finding his sea legs as a director again. after all, the last movie he directed before ep1 was STAR WARS in 1977. yes, a 14 year gap. man, he got rusty.

Nov 7, 2004 at 5:58 PM Post #22 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by oneeyedhobbit
I heard that as well, but if you recall from a post here on head-fi, there was something about Lucas making all of his employees sign a form saying they wouldn't reveal any details of anything after Episode VI.

I remember in the late 70's or maybe even very early 80's that a Star Wars Fan Club letter I received talked about a story-line of what happened before A New Hope. In Interviews sometimes he confirms this and sometimes he denies it. Same as what happens after Return of the Jedi. I assume there is some sort of continuity he wrote before the filming of Star Wars, but I would bet it was very loose. Watch the movies and look for continuity screw ups, you'll find them. All in all I look foreward to the 3rd movie, I still want to believe in the magic and for one night be a 8 year old kid.
biggrin.gif

Nov 8, 2004 at 12:37 AM Post #23 of 40
I remember an interview a while back that had Lucas wanting a planet of Wookies instead of Ewokes in Return of the Jedi. But he also wanted a primiative cutlure versus technology thing which wouldn't work with Chewy flying a ship and all. Looks like he decided to go back to creating a planet of wookies.

Also, if I remember correctly, wasn't the first name of Return of Jedi actually REVENEGE of the Jedi? And then Lucas decided to change it because Jedis are suppose to be above revenege and all? I think there were some promo items that had the title, Revenege of the Jedi, that is worth quite a bit of money now.

Nov 8, 2004 at 12:49 AM Post #24 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by redshifter
even if ep3 is good, i'll still be pissed because lucas wasted ep1 & 2 finding his sea legs as a director again. after all, the last movie he directed before ep1 was STAR WARS in 1977. yes, a 14 year gap. man, he got rusty.

24 year gap
wink.gif

I wasn't born yet in '77

Nov 8, 2004 at 12:53 AM Post #25 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by S_Dedalus
24 year gap
wink.gif

I wasn't born yet in '77

actually 27 years. man we suck.
blink.gif

Nov 8, 2004 at 1:15 AM Post #27 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by S_Dedalus
Wasn't E1 made in 2001? Oh, yeah, I do suck, it wasn't '01. When was is made?

lol! just shoot me. please.
redface.gif

1999 = ep1
1977 = ep4
22 years.

embarrassed.jpg

still, my point is he should have done some practice films first. maybe another star wars holiday special. happy life day!

Nov 8, 2004 at 1:19 AM Post #28 of 40
He should have handed it over, gone hermit, taken a vow of silence as a budhist monk, anything but release the torturous crap that was episodes one and two.
But you're right, a couple dozen practice films might have helped.
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 8, 2004 at 1:22 AM Post #29 of 40
I'll just input my 2 cents... Episode III is...

[size=xx-large]GONNA SUCK![/size]

Just like the rest of the prequels.

Nov 8, 2004 at 7:10 AM Post #30 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by redshifter
still, my point is he should have done some practice films first. maybe another star wars holiday special. happy life day!

Didn't he make some starwars made for tv special? I seem to remember something rather stupid in the early 90s. I think it was focused on Ewokes - who was that main Ewoke character?

In any case, even with practice (and the Indy movies with his buddy, Steve), i don't think he would have made the films any better. The casting for the most part has been horrible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back