Star Wars Episode III Trailer ... woweee this looks good!!!
Nov 5, 2004 at 9:46 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 40

xtreme4099

Headphoneus Supremus
Nov 5, 2004 at 10:11 AM Post #2 of 40
Thanks for the link!
biggrin.gif

Nov 5, 2004 at 12:53 PM Post #5 of 40
Actually this is the real TEASER trailer. It was posted on Hyperspace yesterday.

Nov 5, 2004 at 1:18 PM Post #7 of 40
There are lots of new footage, like anakin with the sith makeup, the battle between ewan macgregor and hayden, the chewees and then there's a footage of a shiny new Darth Vader just out of the production line
biggrin.gif
tongue.gif

Nov 5, 2004 at 4:09 PM Post #10 of 40
I must admit, the trailer defiintely excites me--but I still think its going to suck a la I and II.

Nov 5, 2004 at 11:04 PM Post #11 of 40
I'm really looking forward to it. While I was in the theater, Episode I and II weren't that bad. But as soon as I stepped outside and thought about them, I grew more skeptical. I'm getting pretty good with the 'suspension of reality' prodedure. Even if it's bad, I still think it will look awesome.

Nov 5, 2004 at 11:16 PM Post #12 of 40
Man George sure knows how to make a good trailer.
smily_headphones1.gif

I gotta see it NOW, dangit!

Nov 5, 2004 at 11:35 PM Post #13 of 40
Episode I sucked, IMO. I really ought to get one of the sans Jar-Jar versions floating around on the internet sometime. Possibly sans Anakin, too. Actually, just leave in the Podrace and the end lightsaber battle, and you'd be set.

Episode II sucked less, due to Natalie Portman having a. more screen time and b. less clothing. A friend and I discussed this at great length and decided she should do Episode III in a Leia-esque outfit much like the one in Return of the Jedi, at Jabba's Palace. It'd sell well, anyway...

That being said, I'm still going to see Episode III. Obviously. I think Oddball's 'suspension of reality' is rather accurate. I keep telling myself it'll rock. Same with Reloaded and Revolutions. Well, in Reloaded's defense, it did have some pretty sweet action. It was worth it just for that, even if it didn't follow the story very well. Revolutions had the kick-bum sequence where the sentinels invaded Zion. Other than that, nada.

Oh yeah... was it just me, or was the audio on that clip awful? You'd think they could make something a little higher quality. Unless that was one of the mid-grade clips. They usually have 3 or 4, in differening resolutions/quality levels.

Nov 6, 2004 at 5:56 AM Post #14 of 40
Um, I think this trailer is legit. There's a ton of new footage, ex. when Anakin slowly inches the lightsaber towards Obi Wan's neck, Anakin with red contact lenses, crazy looking Sith-guy swings lightsaber at the end. And it's not like some bored computer geeks can create the elaborate CGI stuff, these are studio-quality special FX.

Nov 6, 2004 at 6:47 AM Post #15 of 40
It's legit. The trailer was referenced and linked to on AOL's logon page yesterday as well as on the AOL Star Wars fan page. I think this looks like the best of the last three made. I kind of liked #1, but don't care if I ever see #2 again. I might change my mind when it all gets linked together--I only hope this film isn't too predictable since it has the job of tying everything together.

As an aside (and not one that keeps me up at night like it does hard-core Star Wars junkies--I just watch the films a few times and go on with my life), I wonder what George Lucas is going to do after this one? I think it would cheapen the Star Wars story if he/they try to milk the Star Wars universe for extra side-line stories or more prequels. It basically ends after #6 with the defeat of the Empire.

Still, I've always enjoyed the story. I remember seeing Star Wars in the theater for the first time when I was 12 years old in junior high school--what fun it was. It was also fun going to the mall and seeing all the Star Wars paraphernalia. Great times.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back