Star Wars Episode 3 Trailer
Mar 23, 2005 at 2:14 AM Post #47 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by GokieKS
The problem with there being sequel(s) to the original trilogy is that the various Star Wars novels which take place after the events of Ep. VI are accepted as official canon, and in making more movies, that would either have to be changed (books as as a rule much more detailed than movies), or be completely invalidated. And considering how good some of the those novels are (the Admiral Thrawn trilogy by Timothy Zahn, especially), I honestly hope that Ep. III is the end for Star War films.

~KS

word.

even episodes 1 -3 contradict things greatly, namely the origins of Boba Fett, who was orignially a civilian named Jester Streel, never a bloody clone

and this buisiness of kashyyyk, that place was under imperial control for a LONG time ( meaning the books suggested the empire was around longer than the movies), han solo met chewbacca while he was serving there, and those 2 were running all around the galaxy smuggling drugs and that kinda stuff during the time of episode 3

i havent gotten around to reading the admiral thrawn books, ive read a few of the novels tho, great stuff
icon10.gif

Mar 23, 2005 at 10:40 PM Post #50 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by Naga
and this buisiness of kashyyyk, that place was under imperial control for a LONG time ( meaning the books suggested the empire was around longer than the movies), han solo met chewbacca while he was serving there, and those 2 were running all around the galaxy smuggling drugs and that kinda stuff during the time of episode 3

Really?!!! So, Han Solo would be at least as old as Vader by the time in episode 4~6. Then it would make him almost old enough to be Leia's (and Luke) dad, right?
confused.gif
Maybe human races age different in Star Wars universe... like Anakin grew up faster than Amidala?

Mar 23, 2005 at 11:07 PM Post #51 of 52
About the novels contradicting the movies, I was under the impression that stories of the novels were largely created by their authors. Therefore it seems fine (if not better) for the movies (which George Lucas is directly creating) to contradict whatever Michael Stackpole felt like writing about Star Wars.

Mar 24, 2005 at 12:45 AM Post #52 of 52

Users who are viewing this thread

Back